Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me...
How did you become a fan of your team...?

Got pushed into it?
Just saw them and said "That's my team"?
The stats?
Your home team?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The team just grew onto me.
They could have a 10 win season, and i'd still love them.
Mind you, I can only say that about 3 nhl teams.
Most of the other teams I like, i'd just stop watching.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh ic ic

well my story is a lil stupid but i'll tell it anyways lol its a lil long, so hang on! lol

First off, i started hating hockey, yes i hated it so much that i yelled to change the chanel when my bro and dad were watching it...then my parents got tickets to see a caps/sens game (1999)....thats when i started to complain alot, i was yelling at my parents "its a waste of money cuz i wont even watch the game, its stupid" blah blah..i went on..anyways!! i ended up enjoying the game.

a couple of months later i saw my brother looking at hockey cards..so i sat with him..i asked questions...and i saw a card of chicago and san jose and asked if they were good teams? my brother said "yeah they're not that bad" so i was like ok... i followed those team for a lil while...then i came across a hockey card, and i though the guy was really cute, lmao...and i asked my brother "who is this" and he said "its Mats SUndin" i was like ohh, how's his team" hes like "its toronto, another good team" so i thought and said "hmmm..." lol...so that season ('99) i watched my first NHL season...so since then, i've been a leaf fan HAHA stupid i know!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Well I have always watched hockey ever since I was little with my dad. Now I would watch Toronto games because my dad is a fan of Toronto yet I would want to watch Ottawa because I was born in the Ottawa region. But to make a long story short I was watching a game with Tampa in it a long time ago and I enjoyed watching them play. And watching Vincent Lecavalier on the team made me love them more because he is a very talented player.

With my other teams like I said i was born near Ottawa so it's like my hometown team and Edmonton: Ethan Moreau is from where I live now so I keep track of him and the team has grown on me.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
hmm well its a bit of a long story so ill condense it.

My dad was watching playoff hockey when i was five years old... and well, at first i didnt know what it was... but after a few games.. I realized how much I loved watching the game.. watching the puck and the shift changes and all that..

as i got older , i decided to take up the game.. went through peewees, now in coed recleague. I love it! my guys are awesome.. But as for the wings.. they have always been my favorites, not cause of my dad.. but because i started loving the game.. liked the players i saw on the joelouis arena ice, then slowly when shanny came in the '96-'97 season, he became my favorite. Yzerman will always be a favorite..

but i guess that pretty much sums up why I love the team, the game.. and of course hockey tickets :D

PS: the historical side is another plus

·
Registered
12 Posts
My friend introduced me to the amazing world of hockey. She grew up a St. Louis Blues fan, so she was a little biased when teaching me. I liked the team. I liked their character. They were a good time (not including last year :( ). It just stuck. They've been my team ever since.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There are my home team, but I also started watching The Leafs with my dad and my 3 older brothers when I was little and I was hooked.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It all started when I was 3 years old, and when the Wings were playing the Ducks. I remember that the Wings won 2-1 that game. Not sure why I became a fan, maybe because it was so exciting. I have also been playing ice hockey ever since.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Before I was born I had a habs jersey! I have pictures of my room when I was a baby and my dad had the wall painted like the jersey and everything in the room was HABS! I have 8 people in my family and they are all HUGE habs fans so that’s pretty much how I became a habs fan. My parents have videos of my when I was little watching the games and I was so into it. Thank god my dad is a habs fan!!

GO HABS GO!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've lived in North Jersey my whole life. My parents (and my husband's parents actually) are all Rangers fans (there were no Devils when they grew up), so as a kid, I could recite to you every Rangers stat known to man (or woman in my case). In 1990, I went to a Devils/Red Wings game for my first Devils game. I stuck with both the Devils and Rangers until 1994 hit. When they faced each other, I found myself rooting much harder for NJ. Since then, it's been all Devils for me. I'd love them if they sucked (which, luckily for me, they don't.)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Hockey is kind of a big thing on my mom's side of the family, and my dad enjoys it somewhat. So, when I was younger I would watch hockey with my dad and two uncles. I would go to a few University of Michigan games here and there and a lot of Detroit Viper games. When the IHL was around of course. And, I also went to a few Red Wing games, and some alumni Wings games. They are my home team, and hockey is huge with me, I am a fan of all hockey and everything hockey. But, the Red Wings are my home team and I love them.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Well my story went back around 82-83 I was about 6-7 years old. My parents had me brain washed that Edmonton was the team to go for. :eek:
But a uncle of mine who was over one night was a Flames fan, long story short I looked up to him and ever since I've been a Flames fan. :D
My little brother a few years later picked up on it from me when he could understand what was going on. Now he knows more then I'll ever know. He's kept me into it after all these years,
Thanks shady82 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
712 Posts
I got my favourite team (the ducks) a lot from the movie, the mighty ducks (1, 2 and 3) thats what made me interested in Anaheim but when Fedorov got there it was my fav and will be forever.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I spent a lot of time at my neighbor's when I was younger since my mom worked late and my dad lives in his own place. She pretty much converted me, and I'm so glad she did ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts