Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I'm not sure Nashville will keep this up.

They did the same thing last year, under great goaltending from Vokoun. Looked like they would make the playoffs.

Then they what..lost 16 games? :D :shock:

I'd like to see them do well, because I am fan of Vokoun..but otherwise..could really care less about the team 8) :lol:

·
Hockeyforum Legend
2,960 Posts
I'd like to see them make the playoffs ahead of Anaheim, Pheonix or Minnesota, and I think maybe this year they will. I've never hated this team, just the fans know nothing. I've always liked their logo though :)

Vokoun has been awesome but I doubt they can keep this kind of winning streak going. Who leads them in scoring? They have too many no-names. Not really any stars per-se.

Weren't they the team that promised free tickets this year if they didn't make the playoffs? Or was that the Rangers?

·
Registered
766 Posts
scorpionn said:
Weren't they the team that promised free tickets this year if they didn't make the playoffs? Or was that the Rangers?
Yeah they did that last year and I think they are doing that this year.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Tw33k said:
fans? i said nothing about fans...i do hate Detroit fans though....I know i should not judge all of them by one mans actions but I am...sorry...but the club i meant managment... 8)
I know you didn't say anything about them. I was just wondering if you liked them or not.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
they made a big turn around on the power play i must say. from letting the habs score 4 and shouting out the wings on 6 chances is a big improvement in back to back games. with their young players and the talent that theyve got give em a few years and they will be a power hosue

·
Registered
72 Posts
And they beat Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils!

I love no-name, blue-collar teams like the Predators. Nice to see some of the young guys like Vokoun, Legwand and Erat finally start producing at the levels many have expected of them for some time.

This week will be a good litmus test to see how far Nashville has [email protected], @Toronto, home to Colorado, and home to St.Louis.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
OMG! :eek:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
That_Damn_Good said:
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
heh, i hope preds make it to the playoffs! :)
Same here.

Well, actually, I was hoping for the Preds to make it in last season, but they fell just short.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Overrated and riding a hot goalie

They are riding a hot goalie. With out that they are nothing. I do have a few issues with them though. The main thing is how they play the game like a bunch of men. I've witnessed many instances where they have really impressed me. I've watched them take cheap shot after cheap shot at Zherdev and Nash. They like to take shots at guys they feel safe about. Oh yeah until Nash has had enough and enjoys his first fight in the NHL against those tough guys from Nashville. ( Pretty impressive to get the wood laid to you from th NHL's leading goal scorer). Which reminds me, what's with that piss ant Too Too? This guy just flies around and takes shots at guys until he's got Tyler Wright in his face and what's he do? He BITES him. That's great, couldn't he get to his hair to pull it? Although by far the greatest is Eaton. Now here's a real man. He'll skate around and throw an elbow, a cross check or get his stick up in someones face all night. Until #45 steps onto the ice. Then he seems lost. His style of play suddenly changes. He wants nothing do do with Jodey Shelley. He along with his team mates seem to misplace their stones. Shelley went right at him and he wouldn't even turn around. Come on Eaton, drop your purse and back up you and your teams dirty play. Those guys will take shots at any one they feel safe about even the fans. Jamie Allison for example( oh yeah, thanks for taking him off our hands). A couple of weeks ago when the Preds came up here little Jamie wasn't happy with the fans riding him a little bit. So what's he do? He throws one of his gloves at a guy, then he tells the guy to give it back( that's great). Any way the guy makes it known he appreciates the gift an d he'll be taking it home with him ( I'm sure e-bay was getting burnt up with bids for that piece of memorabilia). Well, Mr. Allison wasn't happy and threw a temper tantrum along with his stick and got into an alltercation with a cop. Nice class guys. How many minutes did Jamie log the next night against the Rangers? I guess Mr. Bettman's night off without pay allowed some time to get another glove sent in along with some practice time for Jamie to get his country music singing together. Yeah, how about playing hockey and not trying to get a record deal until the seasons over.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts