Hockey Fan Forums banner

How About A Shootout Trophy?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Iceman778 
#1 ·
Since the shootout is such a large part of the game after the lockout, should we recognize the players that are the best at it?

How about a trophy for skaters who scored the most shootout goals in a season? Or the goaltenders who stopped the most shots in the shootout in a season?

It would give a reason to keep track of those stupid shootout statistics.

#2 ·
Hmm... not sure how that would work. Based on what you said, a player's/goalie's shootout success would depend on the number of times their team has participated in a shootout.

#4 ·
YA, for the skater who would win? The guy with best SO% or the guy that scored the most SO goals?

For the Goalies I would be happy to see an award. Total SV%. Last night we had a game that went into the 9th round or something. Goalies that save 6/7 in a game should be awarded more than those that save 2/3. TO count SO Wins would be unfair. Goalies like Fleury would have an unfair advamtage due to better top 3-5 shooters. THat said there would need to be a minimum # of SO shots faced.

I would support Vice with and award to the goalie with the best SO sv% who has faced more than 15 SO shots.

I really don't know how you would do it for the skaters. Is the guy who is 6/6 better than the guy who is 9/15? IT is pretty hard to judge.

its really not a bad idea. They keep the stats anyway so put them to use. But at the same time its just something else for crybaby sid to win.
C'mon. If you aren't joking (lack of smiley tells me you aren't) leave this childish crap out of it. We have fans of both Crosby and Ovechkin at this site who are more than willing to have a rational conversation about either player. We don't need this crap lowering the IQ of the conversation.

#5 ·

C'mon. If you aren't joking (lack of smiley tells me you aren't) leave this childish crap out of it. We have fans of both Crosby and Ovechkin at this site who are more than willing to have a rational conversation about either player. We don't need this crap lowering the IQ of the conversation.
I totally agree.

NashvilleJohn, Stop insulting players,you can't be better then Crosby because from what I see you whine about him being a crybaby.

About the idea,I think it's good and some really deserve the award.

#8 ·
There are too many trophies now. The Selke Trophy shouldn't exist. It was invented because every year there was a chorus that Bob Gainey deserved a trophy. So they made a Bob Gainey Trophy and called it the Selke Trophy and then gave it to Bob Gainey.

Now you want a shootout trophy?

It's this me too mentality that wasn't satisfied with a Vietnam memorial unless it included a black, hispanic and a woman statue.

#11 ·
Oh God! No disrespect intended but the last thing that we need to do is to give any additional recognition to this stupid way of deciding of games! I was actually hoping that the league would eventually come to its sense (I know it's a lot to ask) and can the skills competition and replace it with an additional 5 minutes of 3 on 3 overtime instead, as they do in the BCHL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.