Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Associated Press
1/12/2007 12:06:30 AM

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - Tomas Holmstrom scored three goals and had an assist to help the Detroit Red Wings beat the Phoenix Coyotes 5-1 on Thursday night.

The loss snapped the Coyotes' seven-game winning streak while the Red Wings picked up their second straight victory on the final leg of their current road trip.

The hat trick was the second in Homstrom's nine-year NHL career. Centre Pavel Datsyuk scored the other two goals.

Yanic Perreault scored the lone goal for the Coyotes.

Detroit took a 1-0 lead in the first period with Holmstrom scoring on a power play. It was his 10th of the season and fifth with a man-advantage.

Earlier in the period, an apparent goal from the Red Wings' Kris Draper was disallowed. After a television review, referee Gord Dywer ruled Draper redirected the puck with his skate just outside the crease.

FULL STORY

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
datsyukdangler1 said:
This was an awesome game, thats for sure. Good job Holmstrom.
It was a nice game, because the Wings dominated so completely, but I thought that it was far from an awesome game. The officiating was sub-par, but not really favouring one team or the other. I really enjoyed the performance from Holmstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Lang. These guys played the best game they have all season.

Tellqvist really dominated, and its really unfortunate he had such a weak supporting team in front of him, otherwise the Yotes may have won the game. Tellqvist stood on his head the whole game, but the Coyotes just could not get it done, even after coming off that 7 game win streak.

Another thing that impressed me was how well Detroits defence improved in comparison to the previous 4 games. They really locked down and played a cool, collected game. Big scare when Lidstrom went down, glad that it was nothing serious.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Yeah, it was definately a scare. They did play very good, considering they were on the attack non-stop in the beginning of the 1st period. The defense definately did improve immensley as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts