Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbelievable. Four goals in the third period. Another early round exit. This one is the worst. Time to get the broom out Illitch and clean house. He will not be happy. Not this time. High stick or not Detroit had the game and just plain out blew it. I'll bet that wine is tasting awfully good right now hckyfn. I'm sure you are just now watching the puck drop from the pond as I write. What a long day tommorrow is going to be. There might not be one original six team in the second round.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
WELL FOR THE RECORD.. IM GOING TO SAY IT.. WE JUST HAD TO HAVE A HUMBLE PIE THING.. BUT I WILL HAVE NO PART IN IT.. i CAN SAY WE WERE SCREWED!!! THAT THIRD GOAL SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ALLOWED. END OF STORY!

but thats in the past.. now we will have rennovations and up coming talent such as liv, and our 22nd round draft pick... and of course many other young guys such as hudler ect. coming up in the ranks.. i think you will see alot of this team torn down to the bear essentials again.. i think we can kiss both goalies goodbye!

·
Banned
961 Posts
Wings Stink

Fighting Champ Probert said:
Unbelievable. Four goals in the third period. Another early round exit. This one is the worst. Time to get the broom out Illitch and clean house. He will not be happy. Not this time. High stick or not Detroit had the game and just plain out blew it. I'll bet that wine is tasting awfully good right now hckyfn. I'm sure you are just now watching the puck drop from the pond as I write. What a long day tommorrow is going to be. There might not be one original six team in the second round.
Well everyone what did i say about this team. the regular season does not mean nothing.this team is to old and they deserve to lose allowing 4 goals in the 3rd period.and after it looks like montreal will be joining detroit i dont care who plays in the finals.:mad:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
Well everyone what did i say about this team. the regular season does not mean nothing.this team is to old and they deserve to lose allowing 4 goals in the 3rd period.and after it looks like montreal will be joining detroit i dont care who plays in the finals.:mad:
They just didn't play tough enough. They were non existant in front of both nets. Edmonton was in front of both nets all series. Finesse will not win the cup alone. Tough gritty old fashioned North American hockey will. Edmonton played that. Looks like we get to watch the battle of Alberta.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
LOL donald, donald... you know what.. we got screwed! ripped!!!! you come on here and say i told you so... when it was all the refs and the one goal didnt help... come on can possibly say that the game was fair? I mean get real! lets hear the i told ya so's from non wings fans.. not our own fan base shall we!

I told you so , dear friend,this is no way to end the season.. and its sorta a sour attitude.. I knew id see something like this.. and I just had to address it cause in all reality this isnt even right! so whatever, im just saying... let me tell you, if it would have been called strait .. we would have won it.. they were playing their hearts out all game.. and if you didnt see that, I feel sorry for you..

the truth is manny and ozzie need to be gone.. its time to bring in some new guys... that is my oppinion.. and some of the others need to go as well.. lang.. and many more... so we need a restrip and to bear down.. we beared down this game.. and had to leave.. cause of bad officiating, and a sour goal, that was A KICKING MOTION!! END OF STORY... LIKE I SAID...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
There is no way that the tieing goal could be overturned, it kinda looked like he may have swept it in with his foot, but you need conclusive clear-cut evidence and that replay showed noting close to that.

But while we are on the thought of bad calls resulting in goals, how about that Lidstrom pick in game 4?

·
Banned
961 Posts
Nhl

LiAmTrAnSdEmOn said:
There is no way that the tieing goal could be overturned, it kinda looked like he may have swept it in with his foot, but you need conclusive clear-cut evidence and that replay showed noting close to that.

But while we are on the thought of bad calls resulting in goals, how about that Lidstrom pick in game 4?
Well with all of the penalties and these new rules the new NHL stinks, the regular season does not mean anything anymore with all of the teams that make the playoffs.:thumbsdow

·
Registered
227 Posts
Uh-oh!!

Oh no! How could this happen?? The mighty Red Wings are not so mighty!! Out in 6 games, to the number 8 seed no less! Tell me it ain't so!

Hmmm, not to be one that says "I told you so".....but.....I told you so!

The problems I mentioned way back when, seem to have been confirmed. The Wings age, and slowness on the blueline, and less than stellar goaltending was their nemesis. Legace wasn't root cause of their loss, but he isn't the kind of goaltender that a team can ride to victory. Simple truth, boys and girls.

The Wings need a rebuild, and that requires putting some of the oldsters out to pasture. I hear that they are thinking of giving a 44 year old Chelios an extension. That's really smart, I guess they don't have any good young 20 somethings in their farm system.

Edmonton simply outworked the Wings in the third period, when the chips were on the table and the game was in the balance. Championship teams don't blow 2-0 leads in the third period, especially after holding their opponents to 2 shots in the second period!

Complain all you want about Edmonton's 3rd goal, but the goal was reviewed for 10 minutes, from all angles, and there was nothing to indicate that the puck was kicked in. If there was, it would have been disallowed. Fact of the matter, is that the Oilers simply kicked Detroit's ass in the 3rd period, completely dominated them, and dictated the pace of the game. After the Oilers scored their first goal, you knew that the Wings were in trouble. You could almost sense, especially after the score was tied 3-3, that the game was Edmonton's to win.

So, I guess it's time for me to start cooking crow! :laugh: :laugh: You Detroit fans bring your appetite, I'll bring the roasted crow and cheese for dessert, you'll surely supply the "whine". :laugh:

There is room on the Mighty Ducks and Sharks bandwaggon, let me give you a hand as you climb aboard! Time for you guys to start supporting a winner!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
umm well they were screwed.. did you not watch it? one of the goals edmonton got * the third one* freakin was kicked in! so ya, when you have cheap officiating, and stupid calls.. of course edmonton was going to win!!! freakin sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ah....Excuse number 3 on the all-time excuse list: Blame the refs!

That excuse doesn't cut it, and you know that. They were beat fair and square. Funny, you're the only person that seems so sure it was kicked in! What secret video do you have? It almost sounds like a giant conspiracy was in effect, the NHL officials in Toronto, the refs at the game, the goal judge and video replay officials were all in on it. I guess they all share a mafia type "tell no tales" type code!

They were outplayed, and outscored 4-1 in the 3rd period, in a do or die game. So, what happened to the Wings? They were beaten by a better, younger and more aggressive team!

You know, when you get angry, usually that gets the appetite going. How about some good home cooked roasted crow for dinner, washed down by a bottle of the finest Michigan red whine. You and FCP can go back for seconds, and even thirds! After dinner, we'll all sit down, smoke cigars, and watch Brokeback Mountain on my home theater system! :laugh: :laugh: :cheeky4:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
whatever, your cheap sewage doesnt impress me much.. im not going to sit here and argue out the reasons that are totally obvious.. do you need the tape? i mean i could mail it to you.. i have the equipment to circle where the freak kicked it in.. all i gotta do is get to the coaching office.. ! KICKED IN

and yes, it was the refs.. cause, every time one of our guys got knocked down no call... when freakin edmonton, the freakin drama freakin queens that they are would touch their mouth and act like they were hurt.. oh ya, we got plenty of calls.. for those.. no blood.. and all those fools on the opposite bench would do is smile.. cause they knew they would win it by the cheap system they have in place.. if they dont want a team to win.. that team doesnt advance. end of story...

as for you, im threw your not going to talk to me.. and put me in a pissed off mood... your going on ignore.... until this playoff thing is over.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dont think the wings played well enough to win. I am a huge wings fan and I was extremely frustrated watching the games.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ya well the last game sucked. cause that was the better of the series! hate to say it.. but we still should have been in it! thats life ....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Edmonton won because they played like the better team. Also, even though they have an ok at best goaltender, there's no way they can win with Legacy in net and old vets like Shanahan and Yzerman. If they couldn't win with Hasek then I don't know how they'd pull it off with Legacy. This is the second year in a row the Red wings have folded in the playoffs. First round too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
well duh, your quoting the obvious(goaltending hasnt been strong since dom moved on!)! i watched the two seasons in a row the wings go down the drain(and have been a fan for several years,dont miss many games at all during regular season, and have not missed one wings playoff game since ive been a fan!).. and my reasons still apply as i said before.. no sense in repeating!

if you wanna talk about it lets see some new material .. thats worn out now!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ya it will suck! Im not thrilled about that.. it can only get better.. is what i keep telling myself.. lets hope so..

but from what i understand an application of 700 goals is ready to go toward his career.. if he can stand one more season..

The announcement will be this up coming week to as if he will stay or not!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hkyfn said:
Ah....Excuse number 3 on the all-time excuse list: Blame the refs!

That excuse doesn't cut it, and you know that. They were beat fair and /square. Funny, you're the only person that seems so sure it was kicked in! What secret video do you have? It almost sounds like a giant conspiracy was in effect, the NHL officials in Toronto, the refs at the game, the goal judge and video replay officials were all in on it. I guess they all share a mafia type "tell no tales" type code!

They were outplayed, and outscored 4-1 in the 3rd period, in a do or die game. So, what happened to the Wings? They were beaten by a better, younger and more aggressive team!

You know, when you get angry, usually that gets the appetite going. How about some good home cooked roasted crow for dinner, washed down by a bottle of the finest Michigan red whine. You and FCP can go back for seconds, and even thirds! After dinner, we'll all sit down, smoke cigars, and watch Brokeback Mountain on my home theater system! :laugh: :laugh: :cheeky4:
So who do you think the redwings should get rid of?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts