Hockey Fan Forums banner

41 - 60 of 683 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
In basketball if you have thrown the ball, the game ends and the ball then falls into the net the basket counts but not so in hockey.

Under what circumstance in hockey will a goal scored after the game ends still count? I'm not talking about OT or shootout goals here.

·
Registered
581 Posts
These are just guesses and take a good bit of timing;

A player covers the puck in the crease with his glove as the buzzer sounds, giving the opposing team a penalty shot.

A player throws his stick at a puck rolling for the empty net as time ticks to 0.

I have no idea really what you have in mind.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Snapcat said:
These are just guesses and take a good bit of timing;

A player covers the puck in the crease with his glove as the buzzer sounds, giving the opposing team a penalty shot.

A player throws his stick at a puck rolling for the empty net as time ticks to 0.

I have no idea really what you have in mind.
and also if the ref has his arm up for a penalty shot but the team doesnt touch the puck until the buzzer sounds ... he still gets awarded the penalty shot

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
prucha_for_mvp said:
and also if the ref has his arm up for a penalty shot but the team doesnt touch the puck until the buzzer sounds ... he still gets awarded the penalty shot
Well in that case the penalty shot is awarded at the 20 minute mark which isconsidered to be within the game period.

As far as I know (and someone could correct me by citing a specific NHL rule) there is no circumstance where a goal is allowed after time runs out.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
nhldave said:
In basketball if you have thrown the ball, the game ends and the ball then falls into the net the basket counts but not so in hockey.

Under what circumstance in hockey will a goal scored after the game ends still count? I'm not talking about OT or shootout goals here.

An automatic goal can be called for a team if the oppoising player tosses his stick at the puck going to an open net with the goalie pulled for the extra attacker even if the puck doesnt go in before regulation time has expired the ref will automatically award a goal instead of that of a penalty shot.

As an example at 19.58 of the 3rd period the player shoots the puck at the empty net but the oppoising team tosses there stick to prevent the puck from crossing the goal line. even if time expires before the whistle is called it will be an automatic goal.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
KRYPT1968 said:
An automatic goal can be called for a team if the oppoising player tosses his stick at the puck going to an open net with the goalie pulled for the extra attacker even if the puck doesnt go in before regulation time has expired the ref will automatically award a goal instead of that of a penalty shot.

As an example at 19.58 of the 3rd period the player shoots the puck at the empty net but the oppoising team tosses there stick to prevent the puck from crossing the goal line. even if time expires before the whistle is called it will be an automatic goal.
In that case the goal was scored at 19:58, the time of the infraction, not after the game ended.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
nhldave said:
In that case the goal was scored at 19:58, the time of the infraction, not after the game ended.

well i do remember the season before the lockout this happened vs the rangers and the goal was awarded after regulation time had expired. i wish i could remember the game and ranger player that tossed his stick.

41 - 60 of 683 Posts