Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 683 Posts

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
83 shots by the bruins in 1941 against the blackhawks

follow up question in what period did the bruins take their most shots and how many were there?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Individual regular season record. Wayne Gretzky holds this one currently (which individual record one doesn't he have?:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
145 Posts
Given that Lo Presti gave up the game winner at the end of a 3-2 game, the answer would be no.

As an aside, does anyone know which goaltender faced the most shots in a win? Didn't Tugnutt face 70 in a tie while with the Nords? I haven't looked an answer up for this one.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
KRYPT1968 said:
Whats the most lopsided score in an NHL game?
Jan 23 1944 Detroit Red Wings score 15 goals against New York Rangers and an NHL record 37 points, also most consecutive goals and most lopsided game 15-0

·
Registered
145 Posts
prucha_for_mvp said:
83 shots by the bruins in 1941 against the blackhawks
Just to restate: in that same 1941 game where the Blackhawks Sam lo Presti faced 83 shots (3-2 loss), there was a single season record set. The record has been broken several times since by players such as Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky (current holder). What was the record and who set it?

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
1weasel said:
Just to restate: in that same 1941 game where the Blackhawks Sam lo Presti faced 83 shots (3-2 loss), there was a single season record set. The record has been broken several times since by players such as Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky (current holder). What was the record and who set it?
most shots by a player in a game?

·
Registered
145 Posts
No. That isn't a full regular season record (not shots on goal for a season either). It's a much simpler answer.

Clint Smith, Elmer Lach, Ted Lindsay, Bert Olmstead, Jean Beliveau, Stan Mikita, Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky have broken this record since this player set it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
1weasel said:
No. That isn't a full regular season record (not shots on goal for a season either). It's a much simpler answer.

Clint Smith, Elmer Lach, Ted Lindsay, Bert Olmstead, Jean Beliveau, Stan Mikita, Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky have broken this record since this player set it.
Bill Cowley for most assists in a season.

If I`m right then my question is:

Out of all the players in NHL history with over 200 career goals, who is the only one with more powerplay goals than evenstrength goals?

Think late-70s, early 80s. Not a star, but had a few 30+ goal seasons. I can give more hints if needed.

·
Registered
351 Posts
KRYPT1968 said:
Mike Rogers? i remember him scoring alot on the PP and has slightly over 200 goals
Incorrect.

Clue #1: This player played for 5 different teams in his career. The only Canadian one was Toronto.

21 - 40 of 683 Posts