Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Headlining the 13 hours of hockey is an all-Canadian tripleheader - starting at:

12:00 pm et - 02:00 pm et: HDIC live on location (Nelson, B.C.)

02:00 pm et - 04:30 pm et:
@

04:30 pm et - 06:00 pm et: HDIC live on location (Nelson, B.C.)

06:30 pm et - 07:00 pm et: Saturday Night (HNIC pregame show)

07:00 pm et - 10:00 pm et:
@

10:00 pm et - 01:00 am et:
@

01:00 am et - 01:30 am et: After Hours (Calgary and Camrose, Alta.)

Not only is this Saturday Hockey Day in Canada, but it is also Hockey Heaven for all fans.

Forget the NFL playoffs, re-schedule your normal Saturday routine, you have my go-ahead to do nothing but sit back and watch the greatest day of TV for a hockey fan.

Before you start up with I can't watch it, I don't live in Canada and don't get Center Ice routine... Well, Center Ice is offering a free preview this week, so you have no excuse now.

I have always enjoyed this day like no other. Maybe it goes back to our roots, the CBC does a great job of taking us all back to our childhood years, and the memories we have are put right in front of us on the TV screen.

What little bit off unknown hockey history will Bob Cole deliver this year, will some other CBC personality surprise us with a feature that will knock our socks off? What former NHL player will show up, playing pond hockey with the kids from the local town? Whoever it is, our minds will flash back to all of the highlights he entertained us with.

I thoroughly enjoy the live shots from the local rinks, the joy on the kids faces who are in the spotlight for the day are never forgotten. The sweaters Ron MacLean debuts have started to grow on me, the hockey fans who surround Don Cherry as he makes his grand entrance, are representative of many hockey fans, who all want to stick out their hand to "The Don" and say, "put 'er 'dare"!

Mmmm, can't wait, nothing is better than Hockey Day in Canada, except for maybe Hockey Day in Canada -- Monthly!

ABOUT NELSON, B.C.

Located in the Selkirk Mountains, on the shore of Kootenay Lake in southeastern British Columbia, the city of Nelson was founded in 1886 and was originally called "Stanley" after Canada's Governor General, Lord Stanley. Nelson's hockey roots reach much further, however, producing great NHL talent including Danny Gare, Pat Price and Greg Adams. The small city was also the hometown of Lester and Frank Patrick, hockey's royal family, whom many credit with creating modern hockey with several innovations including the addition of blue lines, the forward pass, penalty shots and the playoff system.

Nelson's mayor, John Dooley, says "we are absolutely ecstatic that CBC has chosen Nelson to host Hockey Day ... This is a true winter sports community, and hockey is an integral component of culture in Nelson and the surrounding communities. It is wonderful that CBC is taking the initiative to bring their Hockey Day broadcast into rural communities such as Nelson and connecting us with the rest of Canada."

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Finally, it's them 'Nucks on Hockey Day and Canada!

Bring it on!!! :mad:

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'm just wondering do the people who schedule the games do it on purpose, to make all 6 canadian teams play each other on a saturday at 3 different times so CBC can do hockey day in canada?

Too bad i'm always at work on saturday can't take a day off so i'm taping it, but i'll enjoy the battle of alberta for sure

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trizz251 said:
i'm just wondering do the people who schedule the games do it on purpose, to make all 6 canadian teams play each other on a saturday at 3 different times so CBC can do hockey day in canada?
Yes, actually they do!! And it makes CANADIANS very happy!!! :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I idolize this day.
Whoever invented/thought of this day is my ALL-TIME idol.
Seriously.
This day is most likely one of my favourite days each year.

GO LEAFS, YEAUUH!

GO CANADIANS, EH.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I didn't take the day off, I'm just not picking up my phone so I can't be called in.

The pre game stuff starts in ten minutes.

I've got my comfy chair and I'm ready to rock.

The best news is my g/f is away all day, I love the girl but there's no way I'd be able to watch all this hockey if she was around.

Whoo-hoo!

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Cant wait for the Montreal Ottawa game:d

This is going to be a great day of hockey, I get to watch my 3 favourite teams all play:thumbsup: (Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa) I love em all but I gotta take the Habs over the Sens

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
gagley25 said:
I'm excited for the leafs/canucks game tonight!!!
hopefulyl itll be a good result for the leafs.
Canucks gave the Leafs a whoopin. The leafs need to start getting consecutive wins after another because they always seem to lose big after they themselves get a big win

1 - 16 of 16 Posts