Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just saw my schools hockey game, im big on football. i used to think hockey was soccer on ice, boy was i wrong. my voice is gone, hockey is insane. i wish i had played. alright i was thinkign about watching real hockey and i need a team to follow. i live in wisconsin but that doenst me i cant like another states team.

i like teams that check alot, with a good goalie, and atleast one exciting player that can just break away. perferably a younger team. i know this is wierd , seems like im bandwagon jumping or something but i just need a team to root for. if you want you can try to sell your favorite team. :)

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
GOAL said:
i just saw my schools hockey game, im big on football. i used to think hockey was soccer on ice, boy was i wrong. my voice is gone, hockey is insane. i wish i had played. alright i was thinkign about watching real hockey and i need a team to follow. i live in wisconsin but that doenst me i cant like another states team.

i like teams that check alot, with a good goalie, and atleast one exciting player that can just break away. perferably a younger team. i know this is wierd , seems like im bandwagon jumping or something but i just need a team to root for. if you want you can try to sell your favorite team. :)
Ottawa Senators arent doing as well as the could be but this team is crazy. They have some really amazing young guys like Spezza, Vermette, Eaves, Mezaros you name it. They have a great defence, great offence, some great fighers, Pretty decents goalies right now. Exciting players are Dany Heatley, Danien Aldfredsson, Jason Spezza. Great All Round team.

And Montreal Canadiens are My favourite and if you watch these guys you will love them. They have a great offence, Great underrated defence, 2 AMAZING GOALIES, So many great young talents on that team and they are having a great season. The whole team is exciting and the Bell Centre where they play is nuts.

Canada definetly has all the great hockey teams you would love to cheer for and ask Sabres Fan about the Buffalo Sabres. They got a great team too.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Well if your looking for on the lines of cheering for a top team at the moment you could pick Anaheim, Buffalo, San Jose or Nashville (top 4 teams in the NHL).
The youngest team in the NHL at the moment is San Jose I believe with the average age of 25. San Jose does fit your description of a team you are looking for they have 2 good goalies they have more then 1 exciting player, Joe Thornton one of the top NHL players, Jonathan Cheechoo, Patrick Marleau, Steve Bernier, Milan Michalek etc. Not so sure about their physical play, I don't see them play often.

Pittsburgh is also a pretty young team and they have a good goalie in Marc-Andre Fleury he will be one of the top NHL goalies in the future, they also have Sidney Crosby you must have heard about him before?

Have you seen any NHL games on tv before? I recommend watching a bunch and a team that stands out to you keep an eye on them. You never know you could end up liking Detroit which is the oldest team in the NHL.

·
Registered
268 Posts
GOAL said:
i was thinkign about watching real hockey and i need a team to follow. i live in wisconsin but that doenst me i cant like another states team.

i like teams that check alot, with a good goalie, and atleast one exciting player that can just break away. perferably a younger team.
Wow ..."Selling your team" makes a perfect thread :thumbsup:

The Sharks have the best goalie developing program and accordingly, have what might have the best tandem of Goalies ... prolly ever (with the possible exception of when they had Kipper).

Last year during the playoffs, the Edmonton Oilers were the scrappiest team around - like junk-yard dogs. They would hit (HARD) anyone near the puck, make ugly goals, and never give up. If you want a team with heart, this might be your team. Dwayne Roloson is a great goalie.
MacTavish and Lowe make the best Coaching/ Managing tandem in hockey. The Oil constantly develop players (as opposed to just buying old talent).
If you like action and grit, then this is your team. Besides, Edmonton is kinda in the middle of the continent like you.

Hockey SO rules any other sport.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Hmm, you said you lived in Wisconsin?

I guess the closet teams would be the Chicago Blackhawks or Minnesota Wild.

Either of those teams are decent, both are varily young and each have a great history.

Minnesota have some of the best fans in American and Chicago is an original six team (one of the first six teams that made the NHL along with the Leafs, Rangers, Red Wings, Bruins and some team from french Canada that nobody cool likes. ;)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Sabres Fan said:
For the sake to help this forum (j/k) pick the Sabres !!! :D
Seriously though, using the criteria he or she provided, the Sabres would be a good team to follow.

Rough team with good scores and a couple of good goalies.

·
Registered
426 Posts
penguins.jpg capitals.jpg

If you need some young sensation go for the Pens or the Capitals. Crosby and Ovechkin seem to be the face of the NHL these days,but personaly I'm an Ovechkin fan. Both teams ahve good goaltending also.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Even thought I like Anaheim, im not gonna pick them for you to pick because they are my favourite team, but because they have it all. They have the superstars (Selanne, Pronger, Niedermayer) they have two awesome goalies (Giguere and Bryzgalov) and they have very good young guns (Perry, Getzlaf, Shannon and Konopka) They have it all and I think they are one of the most exciting teams to watch in the NHL today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
before i was thinking of going buffalo and nashville. for some reason i seem to want to root for nashville...

o and i refuse to root for any team in washington, philladelphia and and especially pittsburgh.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
ah I hate Nashiville, Honestly who puts a NHL team in Tennessee. The fans are good and everything but i could have picked 100 more places to put a team than Nashville.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Canuck said:
ah I hate Nashiville, Honestly who puts a NHL team in Tennessee. The fans are good and everything but i could have picked 100 more places to put a team than Nashville.
sydney crosby seems cool though, even though i hate pitt.
plus the only thing that catches my eye about buffalo or nashville is there sweet logos. but that is nto how i will choose a team.

WOW I JUST WATCHED A VIDEO ABOUT CROSBY, he looks like a pus. ovecheckin looks like the bomb though. what team does he play for? he looks like a hitter.

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
GOAL said:
sydney crosby seems cool though, even though i hate pitt.
plus the only thing that catches my eye about buffalo or nashville is there sweet logos. but that is nto how i will choose a team.
Yeah your right they do have really nice logos. You should check out buffalos old logo, it was pretty nice too. Vancouver Canucks, and the Phoenix Coyotes have pretty nice logos too.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Canuck said:
Yeah your right they do have really nice logos. You should check out buffalos old logo, it was pretty nice too. Vancouver Canucks, and the Phoenix Coyotes have pretty nice logos too.
Vancouver Canucks? I'm not sure if they've ever been involved in a sentence that also included the words "pretty nice logos" in it. The killer whale jumping to make the "C" is too narcissistic for me. Orca Bay owns them....suddenly a killer whale shows up on the uniform. That replaced the hidden skate logo that replaced the supersized V uniforms which replaced the horizontal hockey stick logo. Did I miss any? The only good uniform idea Vancouver has had was using the yellow home jerseys when everybody else was using white (except for the Pens).

·
We Are All Canucks
2,485 Posts
Rids said:
Vancouver Canucks? I'm not sure if they've ever been involved in a sentence that also included the words "pretty nice logos" in it. The killer whale jumping to make the "C" is too narcissistic for me. Orca Bay owns them....suddenly a killer whale shows up on the uniform. That replaced the hidden skate logo that replaced the supersized V uniforms which replaced the horizontal hockey stick logo. Did I miss any? The only good uniform idea Vancouver has had was using the yellow home jerseys when everybody else was using white (except for the Pens).
Are you kidding me? Those killer whale jerseys they have right now are so nice. That's a great logo they have right now. If you ask me some teams that need a logo change are edmonton, dallas, and NY Islanders.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
GOAL said:
Sounds like the Washington Capitals. Start there and see if you like them. They play hard every night.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts