Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If Martin Havlat is going to sign with the Ottawa Senators, it is going to be for only one year.

Havlat's agent Allan Walsh said Friday his client is only interested in a one year contract, which could lead to him being traded out of Ottawa.

''Martin Havlat will be looking to sign a one-year deal and certainly is curious to see what kind of interest exists for him as an unrestricted free agent next summer,'' Walsh said.

Havlat had nine goals and seven assists in 18 games for the Senators this season. He missed 58 games to a shoulder injury and five more with a suspension. In ten playoff games Havlat contributed seven goals and six assists.

In 298 career regular-season games with Ottawa Havlat has 105 goals and 130 assists

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Havlat making things difficult for Sens

June 27, 2006

Ottawa is looking to trade Martin Havlat to the Sharks for goalie Vesa Toskala.

San Jose is interested in Havlat, but not if there’s a good chance he will walk away from the team after he becomes an unrestricted free agent next summer.

That means the Senators must sign him to a long-term contract extension before they can deal him, and sources say Havlat has no intention of doing that, writes Bruce Garrioch (see below) in the Ottawa Sun.

"I had a meeting with Muckler before the draft, after which I spoke with (Havlat), and I very clearly communicated to John Muckler that Marty was only interested in a one-year deal," said Havlat’s agent Allan Walsh.
Trade talks remain ongoing between the teams.

Havlat won't sign extension
Contract status snag in possible trade

By BRUCE GARRIOCH

Don't expect Martin Havlat to make life easier for the goalie-hunting Senators by signing a contract extension.

Sources insist Havlat must first sign an extension before the Senators will be able to trade him to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for goalie Vesa Toskala.

And, according to his agent, Havlat has no intention of doing that.
Agent Allan Walsh did discuss the possibility of a long-term contract with Senators GM John Muckler on the weekend in Vancouver, but Havlat wants to test the unrestricted free-agent market next summer.

"I had a meeting with Muckler before the draft, after which I spoke with (Havlat), and I very clearly communicated to John Muckler that Marty was only interested in a one-year deal," Walsh said yesterday from Los Angeles. "I cannot imagine any scenario that would change Marty's wishes at this point."

That means a potential deal or Toskala will likely be killed because San Jose doesn't want to trade one of its top goalies and then have Havlat walk away from the Sharks next summer.

Muckler said he has a deal on the table for a goalie, but admitted he's not sure what direction the club might take in net.

There are three scenarios:

- The Senators could trade for Toskala and keep Ray Emery.

- They could turn to the unrestricted free-agent market and try to sign Oilers playoff hero Dwayne Roloson, with Emery remaining as his backup.

- They could sign Emery, who is a restricted free agent, and also keep veteran Dominik Hasek.

"There's a number of things that could happen and I'm really not sure what it might be yet,'' Muckler said. ''We could have two goalies or three goalies, I'm really not sure at this point.

DEADLINE APPROACHES

''Obviously, we're going to need to know by July 1st (the start of free agency). We've got to decide which way we're going to go with this. A lot of things could happen."

The Senators aren't expected to bring back goalie Mike Morrison. The unrestricted free agent will be allowed to go to the market.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blackhawk 15 said:
Marty signs on w/ CHI after trade, 3 years 18 million. (thats a lot of money)!
Hope he does well!:)
Hope he makes the fans happy? Believe me, he'll put a show on for them, that's for sure!!

He missed more games than he played with Ottawa, either by suspension or injury, and was a problem off the ice!!!

They actually played better without him, I don't think he'll be missed!!!

He's nothing but overpaid now!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Havlat The Hawk!

panoo2004 said:
Hope he makes the fans happy? Believe me, he'll put a show on for them, that's for sure!!

He missed more games than he played with Ottawa, either by suspension or injury, and was a problem off the ice!!!

They actually played better without him, I don't think he'll be missed!!!

He's nothing but overpaid now!!!
He's overpaid, but thats the only way that the Hawks can get good players to come here. And I think your right, he will put on a show, but it will all be on the ice! :cool:

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blackhawk 15 said:
He's overpaid, but thats the only way that the Hawks can get good players to come here. And I think your right, he will put on a show, but it will all be on the ice! :cool:
That's what I meant. On the ice.

It's pretty sad isn't it, when you have to pay players that much money to get them to play on your team, otherwise they won't? :dunno:

·
Registered
74 Posts
panoo2004 said:
That's what I meant. On the ice.

It's pretty sad isn't it, when you have to pay players that much money to get them to play on your team, otherwise they won't? :dunno:
Yeah it is sad! I blame WIRTZ!!!...............DUMB OWNER!!!:mad:

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blackhawk 15 said:
Yeah it is sad! I blame WIRTZ!!!...............DUMB OWNER!!!:mad:
You know, the people of Chicago should start a petition to have the Hawks put back on TV, and give it to WIRTZ!!!

That's if they want them back on TV??

Here in Canada, if the home team misses 1 game on TV, everyone is up in arms about it, it doesn't fly very well over here!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wirtz = Idiot! No........ BIG IDIOT!

panoo2004 said:
You know, the people of Chicago should start a petition to have the Hawks put back on TV, and give it to WIRTZ!!!

That's if they want them back on TV??

Here in Canada, if the home team misses 1 game on TV, everyone is up in arms about it, it doesn't fly very well over here!!!!
Im all for a petition, but Wirtz is such an old hack that he would just laugh!:mad:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
panoo2004 said:
I moved it, because I had put it in the wrong area.

You will see that with a few threads!!
panoo the mod? Wow, I didn't even notice. Congrats man. :thumbsup: :) It was expected though.

As for Havlat: I wonder what he'll do after his 3 years in Chicago is over. He was a real pain for Ottawa to sign.

I wonder if the Cap will be going up next year. Can the NHL top the year that they had this past season? Hopefully so. I'm hoping for an extra $4M jump for 08.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blackhawk 15 said:
Im all for a petition, but Wirtz is such an old hack that he would just laugh!:mad:
Yeah well, he's going to laugh his team right out of Chicago if he keeps it up!!! Havlat isn't going to save the team on his own, even though Wirtz thinks he will!!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
panoo the mod? Wow, I didn't even notice. Congrats man. :thumbsup: :) It was expected though.

As for Havlat: I wonder what he'll do after his 3 years in Chicago is over. He was a real pain for Ottawa to sign.

I wonder if the Cap will be going up next year. Can the NHL top the year that they had this past season? Hopefully so. I'm hoping for an extra $4M jump for 08.
Thanks for the kind words!! Most appreciated!!

Now I'm trying to fix all the mistakes I made when I first joined, so some threads will be moved to their proper places.

The average team salary before the lock-out was $44.4 mill, now the cap is $44. mill, the average salary was $7. mill, so, why the lock-out? I know the rookie salaries have changed since 03-04, but the rest is still the same. I can see the cap set at $50. mill for the 07-08 season!! I see the NHL going back to where it was prior to the lock-out!!! Don't you??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts