Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
7/31/2006 12:23:30 PM

DETROIT (CP) - Dominik Hasek is returning to the Detroit Red Wings.

The 41-year-old Czech goaltender who played for the Ottawa Senators last season signed a one-year deal with the Red Wings.

Hasek first joined Detroit in July 2001 after being traded by the Buffalo Sabres.

He led the Red Wings to a Stanley Cup in 2002 before retiring later that summer.

In 2003-04 Hasek came out of retirement but played in just 14 games before a groin injury ended his season.

After the lockout he signed with the Senators, posting a 28-10-4 record with a goals-against average of 2.09 and a .925 save percentage.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
WOOHOO, i dont know i like him.. so what about that last season he was here.. its in the past! im loving it! thanks for the heads up! my favorite goalie is back!!!!:D

well next to vernie, vernie is my all time! :-D dom comes in second!

*does a little dance* we need to have a party!!! seriously!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Genius move should Hasek stay healthy all season long.

Very difficult to do especially with the shootouts, which will make Detroit fans cringe whenever Hasek does the splits to stop a breakaway(I know I did last season with Ottawa).

Huge gamble, but I think that even though he gets injured...Detroit is still deep in goal, and having spent next to nothing on Hasek, the move allows them to sign someone before the trade deadline should they require to do so.

I just have a very hard time seeing a 40 year old's groin being strong enough to endure a new nhl, where breakaways are extremely frequent...and shootouts occur.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Hasek again? I guess they had no choice. It was between him an Legace, and they didn't want Legace back.

Actually, they didn't want Hasek back either, it just ened up that way after Belfour was making himself hard to sign and he left for Florida.

This move could go either way. He may not be the best goalie in the league any more (if he ever was) but I'm not doubting that he can play at a high level again. Osgoode is backing him up I suppose.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
Hasek again? I guess they had no choice. It was between him an Legace, and they didn't want Legace back.

Actually, they didn't want Hasek back either, it just ened up that way after Belfour was making himself hard to sign and he left for Florida.

This move could go either way. He may not be the best goalie in the league any more (if he ever was) but I'm not doubting that he can play at a high level again. Osgoode is backing him up I suppose.

Osgood* is backing him! but ozzie will bare alot of the reg season games. dom is only playin like fifty!:) was on teh radio.. dom will play the playoffs if healthy.....

I think Hasek wants to prove himself!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
shanny14 said:
I think Hasek wants to prove himself!
Definitely. He wouldn't want to go out the way it looked like he might of.

Afterall, he's Dominik Hasek.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
haha hes an odd one, some people think its to train up the young goaltenders, but thats not true, dom is not a teacher! it would be like niklas lidstrom teaching one of our young defenseman...

you gotta leave things like that to a chris chelios, or mike vernon type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts