Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Press
10/7/2006 10:44:55 PM

TORONTO (CP) - This time Michael Ryder went with his bread and butter instead of the fancy stuff.

Ryder beat Andrew Raycroft top corner on the glove side with a powerful wrist shot on Montreal's fourth shootout attempt Saturday night to lift the Canadiens to a 3-2, come-from-behind win over the rival Toronto Maple Leafs.

Just 24 hours earlier, Ryder was stopped on a backhand deke by Ryan Miller as the Buffalo Sabres beat the Canadiens 5-4 in a shootout.

"Last night I deked and didn't have much success and the guys tonight were yelling at me to shoot," Ryder said in a visitors' dressing room full of smiles. "I was shooting all the way."

Ryder's shootout goal, with all 19,353 fans on their feet at Air Canada Centre, capped an enthralling affair between the two Original Six rivals, the first of eight head-to-head matchups on tap again this season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=180150&hubname=nhl

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Well, I only saw bits and pieces of the game, but I'll have to admit that Raycroft has been pretty good so far.

Also, after reading some comments, I see that the attitude of the team has changed under Paul Maurice.

Matt Stajan said:
"It's a hard pill to swallow, especially because we were playing hard and had the lead heading into the third period"
Glad to see that the team has a new attitude about losing the lead, even if it's just 2-1. Last year and many years before, they just brushed it off. They thing is, they have to win these close games.

On the bright side, the team played hard again, and I like how the scrambles in the crease have been lowered a great deal.

Next up are the Panthers on Thanksgiving. They've been flying high with the offence that Keenan put together. Too bad he's gone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts