Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah I think hes overpaid. He's a underachiever I would rather re-sign Lindros and get Peca then Samsonov

·
Registered
53 Posts
MapleMan said:
Nah I think hes overpaid. He's a underachiever I would rather re-sign Lindros and get Peca then Samsonov
Lindros? I wonder if he'll last 30 games next year...I doubt it though...lol

And me, personaly, I rather have Sammy than Peca. Its just my opinion. Sammy with Kovalev on the same line will be very interesting. Now all there is left to do is trade ribs, abby and some picks for Lang and im in heaven.:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would hold on to Abby for the first part of the year. Im not saying Huet was fluke but you never know he could have an absolutly horrible year.

·
Registered
53 Posts
MapleMan said:
I would hold on to Abby for the first part of the year. Im not saying Huet was fluke but you never know he could have an absolutly horrible year.
Yeah you actually got a point. Better trade him at the deadline.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I was hoping for the Leafs to sign Samsonov. $7.05M over 2 years would have been perfect for where the team was standing before JFJ decided to sign Ondrus, Antropov, Eric Westrum, and not buy-out Wade Belak.

The Leafs needed a top line LWer to play beside Mats very badly, and they didn't get it. He was the last on left on the market, and he's gone now. Now they HAVE to sign Lindros, but it looks like JFJ is trying to keep Jason Allison instead. This is ridiculous.

And Anson Carter's asking price of $3M a year for 3 years ($9M in total) is a joke. I'm not usrprised if the Leafs pull the trigger on this deal. :rolleyes:

Anyway, after getting some criticism from the media, it seems that Gainey had a plan ready all along. Suddenly Montreal's offence looks much better now than it was before, with Samsonov and Mike Johnson. I know they lost Zednik, but they still improved IMO. It looks liek Zednik hashit hsi peak earlier than some of us thought he would, while Samsonov still looks like he can turn out to be a much better player than he is (if he isn't already an all-star).

Good moves by Montreal. Keeping Aeby was a good move too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts