Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSN.ca Staff
7/12/2006 6:31:27 PM

MONTREAL - The Montreal Canadiens announced the acquisition of forward Mike Johnson from the Phoenix Coyotes for the Canadiens' fourth round draft pick in 2007 as well as the trade of forward Richard Zednik to the Washington Capitals in return for the Capitals' third round draft pick in 2007.

Johnson, 31, ended the 2005-06 season, his ninth in the NHL, with a total of 54 points in 80 games, 50 penalty minutes and a plus-7 plus/minus rating. The native of Scarborough, Ontario, ranked second with the Coyotes in assists, fifth in goals, fourth in points and third in plus/minus. He completed the season with 11 multiple-point games and had a five-game point streak (one goal, seven assists), between March 25 and April 3.

Johnson has played in 560 NHL games with the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Coyotes. He recorded 116 goals and added 223 assists for a total of 339 points, with 267 penalty minutes and a plus/minus rating of +32. He enjoyed his most productive season in 2002-03 with the Coyotes when he collected 63 points, including 23 goals, in 82 games.

During his five seasons with the Canadiens, Zednik scored 98 goals and added 85 assists for a total of 183 points in 322 games.

''I had some really good years in Washington in the beginning of my career, and now I'm excited to come back as a veteran,'' Zednik said in a statement.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts