Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NHL.com

Boy with a rare seizure disorder got the dream of his lifetime watching a Ranger's game with his idol Mark Messier and meeting the team, meeting his current favorite player Sean Avery and getting a signed stick, interviewing Messier, getting a tour of the locker room, rink, etc. He said it was the best day of his life. Fantastic story. I wish I had that experience, too.

It's ironic that he said when he was young his disorder caused sleeping problems for him so he would stay up late and watch Messier and the Rangers with his Grandfather.

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=344500

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
And hockeys most hated Sean Avery acting like a class act for the Poor Kid.

The job i work for runs campaigns for the United Way & Make a wish foundation. IMO the make a wish is better for donations. The Rangers have been a part of it for years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Definitely a class act. I remember when the Rangers won the Cup in 1994, there was this kid, I believe needed a heart transplant. Messier visited him in the hospital after they beat Vancouver in game 7. At the home opener for the 1994-95 season, they honored the kid and he received a standing ovation from the MSG crowd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts