Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scott Gomez may be on his way out of New Jersey. Reports have come out indicating that the Devils may not have the money to lock up Gianta & Scotty! Gomez has also filed for Arbitration, meaning the Devils more than likely wont be able to afford him!
Reports have also came out of Chicago indicating that the Blackhawks are looking to move center/winger Mark Bell, who had his best season as a pro last year posting 25 Goals, and 23 Assists in all 82 Games w/ CHI!

Gomez For Bell, may be in the making!
I Hope!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Blackhawk 15 said:
Scott Gomez may be on his way out of New Jersey. Reports have come out indicating that the Devils may not have the money to lock up Gianta & Scotty! Gomez has also filed for Arbitration, meaning the Devils more than likely wont be able to afford him!
Reports have also came out of Chicago indicating that the Blackhawks are looking to move center/winger Mark Bell, who had his best season as a pro last year posting 25 Goals, and 23 Assists in all 82 Games w/ CHI!

Gomez For Bell, may be in the making!
I Hope!
They don't have the money, they are at the cap now!!

They have to put players on the waiver wire to free up cap room.

·
Registered
24 Posts
they are aloud to go over the cap. The only stipulation is that they have to be at the cap or below by the first game of the season. But they are definately going to be making some moves to free up cash.....They have no choice.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Gomez To Be Traded?

According to tsn.ca
The Devils could trade centre Scott Gomez if the team loses an arbitration hearing on Friday. Negotiations between the two sides have broken off and appear headed to arbitration. The Devils are believed to have offered Gomez a one-year, $4 million contract. If Gomez gets an award of five to $6 million he'll likely be dealt. - New Jersey Star Ledger

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Scott Gomez

According to hockeynations.com

"I saw this by a guy who heard it on the radio in New Jersey.

Then on Comcast and a Radio Report from i believe STL said Tallon and New Jersey have been in deep convesations possibly about Centerman Scott Gomez.

THe Radio said the deal would look most likely like this

D Man(Richmond), 2ndrer(07), Bolland/St.Pierre.

this was from blackhawks.com, a respectable poster."

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Wow. Gomez is a great player and has always been one of my favorites. I saw him as a 16 year old and he was a force then. If Chicago can pull this off it'll be a huge bonus to them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I would love to see Gomez on the Hawks too, but there are at least two other teams interested which have been rumored to be the Oilers, and the Coyotes.

Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gomez .VS. Alien?

Yes, it is right, deep rumors have showed that Scott Gomez could be heading to Nashville in exchange for 2 young guns!

Nashville's GM has talked to New Jersey GM/Lou Lamerelio about two different options being:

1. NJ: Scott Gomez, 3Rd Round Pick 2007
NASH:Vernon Fiddler, 2nd Round Pick 2007

2. Scott Gomez, Barry Tallackson
NASH:Jordin Tootoo, Vernon Fiddler

So will this happen let see, only time will tell us?
Well the time is comin because Scott's arbitration hearing is today:
(Friday, July, 21,2006).

Reply, if you have heared any rumors!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
NJD123 said:
Yes, it is right, deep rumors have showed that Scott Gomez could be heading to Nashville in exchange for 2 young guns!

Nashville's GM has talked to New Jersey GM/Lou Lamerelio about two different options being:

(Friday, July, 21,2006).

Welcome aboard NJD123!!

Don't worry, as soon as word is out, it will be posted here!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hope New Jersey decides to take some cap and quick!

I am hoping for better news from New Jersey Devils and quick, they should sign some players before they all get signed and we are stuck with the same team but for much more!

Go devils Go!:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Belfour is over

Well why doesn't New jersey sign Belfour, oh yeah he sucks!!!!!!!!!!!
He should retire to old and to restless
:cool: :cool: :) :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Why would the Devs send Gomez to a team in the same conference that they could end up facing in the playoffs? Lou is smarter than that and generally trades out of the conference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not what i heard, he going elsewherr!

No, heard from a friend of mine that he got signed, and he got traded to Dallas for Stephane Robidas, and Jussi Joikenen, yeah sounded pretty fair too me

Yep, let see when it will go on the tv, all ur Houston texans!

Oh, Barker (QB) signed 6 years for 34.8 Million dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
NJD123 said:

(Friday, July, 21,2006).

I haven't heard much, but it sounds legit. There's a lot of talk about how he'll be dealt, but not much about where.

The Devils are very tight to the cap right now, so I guess they want to let him go. For Fiddler and Tootoo though? I'm not sure if it'll happen. I thought that they'd be trying to pluck off a player that I still think Nashville might deal, like David Legwand.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts