Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I'm not sure about your guys defence anymore. Trading Morris was one of the worst moves you have ever made and with reports suggesting Foote may sign with another team (come to Toronto! :haha: :hooray2: ) you guys may have a problem. And whats the deal with blake, is he an UFA or is he signed?

·
Super Moderator
8,126 Posts
Most teams right now only have between 5-10 players signed for next season. With the number of free agents available, it is just impossible to know who will be competitive and who won't. I guess we'll know after all of the signings. :bb:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Brydon said:
I'm not sure about your guys defence anymore. Trading Morris was one of the worst moves you have ever made and with reports suggesting Foote may sign with another team (come to Toronto! :haha: :hooray2: ) you guys may have a problem. And whats the deal with blake, is he an UFA or is he signed?
No trouble here buddy! Blake is probably the best defenseman in the league, and Foote is in the top ten!

·
Registered
420 Posts
pavelbure said:
a very bad deal, but nowhere near as bad as trading drury to get him.
I couldn't agree more. Trading Drury and Yelle was the worst move Lacroix ever made. ><

As for our goalie situation, the future is in good hands with Aebischer. He has learned alot from Roy, and is more like him than any goalie in the league. He is very skilled, and even more focused and determined, and is a solid netminder. He did very well in his first year as #1, and I suspect he will only get better. As for the backup, Phil Sauve had what was overall a pretty shaky first year, but he has alot of potential, and I'm sure he'll do better the more he plays and is exposed to the NHL.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Jeikobu said:
...As for our goalie situation, the future is in good hands with Aebischer. He has learned alot from Roy, and is more like him than any goalie in the league. He is very skilled, and even more focused and determined, and is a solid netminder. He did very well in his first year as #1, and I suspect he will only get better. As for the backup, Phil Sauve had what was overall a pretty shaky first year, but he has alot of potential, and I'm sure he'll do better the more he plays and is exposed to the NHL.
I am with you totally on this one. Aebischer is a very good athlete and a great goalie because he learned from the best. He has some things to improve on but I am very confident that he will be great next season.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts