Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this guy has been tearing up the Western Hockey Leauge, Gilbert Brule is simply amazing , he reminds me of Sidney Crosby or Ovechkin the way this kid plays, look at his stats this year For the Vancouver giants.
In 20 games he has scored 18 goals, thats right 18 goals in 20 games with 13 assist.
Man can this guy score or what, cant wait to see him Paired up with Nash again.

410 Posts
Brule is not a whining, weaping Crosby. Brule is actually a pretty strong hitter and fighter. He is an all around player. He racks up points, get's in fights, lays out hits just like Gordie Howe. Brule won't turn out to be like Gordie Howe though. I think Gilbert Brule will turn out to be like Alexander Mogilny. Not fighting Mogilny, but Mogilny's statistics, you know what I mean, Nash? Brule has many potential, and I believe he will be successful in the future at hockey.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He is a Columbus Blue Jackets 1st round pick, 6th overall in the 2005 NHL entry draft.
He's played 7 games for the Blue Jackets scoring 2 goals and 2 assists, ( i figure that he was playing those games when Rick Nash was injured ?? )
Anyways he still has a long way to go, but will make a good goal scorer for sure, something along the likes of Pavel Bure.

410 Posts
Rick_Nash said:
He is a Columbus Blue Jackets 1st round pick, 6th overall in the 2005 NHL entry draft.
He's played 7 games for the Blue Jackets scoring 2 goals and 2 assists, ( i figure that he was playing those games when Rick Nash was injured ?? )
Anyways he still has a long way to go, but will make a good goal scorer for sure, something along the likes of Pavel Bure.
What I like about Gilbert Brule is he can hit and do any type of play you want him to do which makes him an all around type of player. Pavel Bure couldn't hit or make plays; all he did was score nice goals. I don't think Brule will turn out like him. I think Brule will turn out to be like Ovechkin maybe. Maybe NOT as talented as Ovechkin but he will score goals like Ovechkin and hit like Ovechkin. And I enjoy watching these type of players play the game.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Brule is gonna be great but (as a draft freak) my sights are set on Guilliame Latendresse (drafted in the 2nd round) by the Habs. He is 3rd in the QMJHL right now, and is almost a lock for montreal's roster next season.

The bruins had 2 chances to take him and did not...boy was i ever pissed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dean Youngblood said:
Brule is gonna be great but (as a draft freak) my sights are set on Guilliame Latendresse (drafted in the 2nd round) by the Habs. He is 3rd in the QMJHL right now, and is almost a lock for montreal's roster next season.

The bruins had 2 chances to take him and did not...boy was i ever pissed.
Have you ever heard of Petr Kalus? He's just as good if not better than Latendresse. He was so close to making the B's out of camp like Latendresse was. He just signed a entry level contract a couple days ago.

He plays a powerforward game, has great speed and skating ability, and proven he can put the puck in the net scoring 36 goals in 60 games in the low scoring WHL.

You have no reason to be pissed, Kalus is a good prospect. He's just not hyped up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Brule is going to be great but he is no Crosby. I don't see him as an all-round player btw. He plays bigger than he is which isn't a bad thing but judging by the wreckless way he played in the WHL it's no surprise he was injured during the short time he played with the Jackets.

As for Latendresse, he is an amazing offensive talent but he is very lazy (that's why he was benched during the world juniors). I hope he is cut for another Habs prospect so he can be fine tuned into a hard worker (as hard a worker as he can get anyways, I hope it's not a lost cause) in the minors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts