Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's an albatross to the Flyers. Or hope he hurts himself real bad within the first 10 games and he's out the rest of the season. If I was Ed Snider I wouldn't waste my money on a guy like that. Briere knows how to play hockey. Eager doesn't.

·
Registered
737 Posts
it's called a enforcer and against the atlantic..you will need him

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
you must not know much about him...just because last year he had the enforcer role doesnt mean he doesnt know how to play hockey...hes got untapped offensive abilities.

·
Registered
987 Posts
He has zero skill and does nothing but dole out cheap shots and try to injure smaller skill players.

In other words he's a traditional Flah-er.

When are they retiring his number?

·
Premium Member
3,094 Posts
He has zero skill and does nothing but dole out cheap shots and try to injure smaller skill players.

That's hilarious coming from a Rags fan especially when you have the best cheap shot artist (Ryan Hollweg) in the league on your team:

Look at this...check from behind into the boards...typical:

In 78 games last year, Hollweg had a whooping 3 points. 1 goal and 2 assists

In 63 games with the Flyers last year, Eager had 11pts, 6g and 5a.

See, the player you are referring to that has ZERO skill is Ryan Hollweg. Eager does his job as a fighter/agitator and he can put the puck in the net.
Only thing Hollweg is good at is putting guys in the boards from behind because he is too much of a you know what to check him the right way. I actually loved it when Simon chopped him in the throat. That little piece of garbage deserved it, someday his way was going to come back and bite him in the butt and it did. I applaud Simon for doing that, maybe the little scumbag will stop checking guys like that.

And for this Flyer fan who says Eager should go, who else is going to protect our star players since we got so many over the summer? You tell me.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, let's hope those abilities show this year. Lord knows the team could use it. Last year his aim was to lead the league in penalty minutes.

He went beyond being an enforcer. He would pick fights for his own gratification or to get the crowd into the game and he took cheap shots every time he stepped on the ice.

·
Premium Member
13,305 Posts
Bless_D_Mess said:

Yup and were proud to have him. Heres to hoping he ends jagr and co's season early.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I remember the Toronto media and Leaf fans whining constantly about how Chris Neil was just a goon with no hockey sense whatsoever. If anyone said that now I'd laugh in their face. I also remember how Brendan Shanahan started his career as an enforcer. Somehow I think it's a little too early to judge how Eager's career will go.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Who was the guy who was assaulted with the ugly stick and had goldy locks and played for the Rangers? On right, Darius Kasparitis, that's it. The player who makes more attempts per game to end the careers of other players. That's his only skill other than not having to wear a Halloween costume.

·
Registered
25 Posts
swflyers8 said:
That's hilarious coming from a Rags fan especially when you have the best cheap shot artist (Ryan Hollweg) in the league on your team:

Look at this...check from behind into the boards...typical:

In 78 games last year, Hollweg had a whooping 3 points. 1 goal and 2 assists

In 63 games with the Flyers last year, Eager had 11pts, 6g and 5a.

See, the player you are referring to that has ZERO skill is Ryan Hollweg. Eager does his job as a fighter/agitator and he can put the puck in the net.
Only thing Hollweg is good at is putting guys in the boards from behind because he is too much of a you know what to check him the right way. I actually loved it when Simon chopped him in the throat. That little piece of garbage deserved it, someday his way was going to come back and bite him in the butt and it did. I applaud Simon for doing that, maybe the little scumbag will stop checking guys like that.

And for this Flyer fan who says Eager should go, who else is going to protect our star players since we got so many over the summer? You tell me.

:rolleyes:
:laugh: :laugh: Good reply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts