Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Looks like our kids couldn't match up. Oh well, not terribly critical at this point. However I am very sure the the Oilers are on their way. Eberle, Hall and Gagner to name a few are really bright lights for this team. I admire that the road they're taking and their time to shine may be sooner than later. It's exciting to see.

The Canucks have a nice crop of youth too however they were obviously ill-prepared or simply out played. I missed the action so I cant be sure.

Regardless, it's just great to smell that fall air! I love that we're so close the start of yet another season.

rb

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I watched a partial part of it.But no worries,thats the only victory the Oilers will have against us.*chuckles*

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I watched a partial part of it.But no worries,thats the only victory the Oilers will have against us.*chuckles*
Heh.

This year it might very well be that way. There's some good young talent, and some reason for Oilers fans to look to the future, but this club could still be a lottery team this season.

There's quite a few holes, the goaltending situation is fairly bleak, a lot of hope placed on the shoulder of three kids with zero NHL games under their belts, and what looks to be not much for penalty killing.

In terms of winning, it could be a very long year, but I'm really looking forward to it. The positives arrows won't so much be wins, but tracking the progress of youth.

Pretty much the complete opposite of the Canucks, who should challenge as one of the top teams in the league.

Daryl

Daryl

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I'm personally hoping its that way, one more top pick and the oilers should be in position to push for a cup in years to come.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts