Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its the pre-season I know..but it is Devils/Rangers so there is always a little buzz..I expect marty to start tonight seeing as he hasnt played in the first 2 games...I hope Gomer plays...and i hope we throw hell at him.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
NJDEVIL30274 said:
Avery is a peice of **** and i hope to **** someone runs him tonight

Atleast Weekes is moving his legs now
Please don't swear... :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry..that just had me so pissed....4-3 on a night where it seemed we really didnt have legs..probably because of the game in manchester last night....Jordan played soild...Kevin seems like he will be ok...which is good news..that was scary

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
NJDEVIL30274 said:
sorry..that just had me so pissed....4-3 on a night where it seemed we really didnt have legs..probably because of the game in manchester last night....Jordan played soild...Kevin seems like he will be ok...which is good news..that was scary
It's only pre season, it's just all about getting ready for the real deal.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Game Recap

NEW YORK (AP)-Dane Byers and Ryan Callahan scored first-period power-play goals Friday to spark the New York Rangers to a 4-3 victory over the New Jersey Devils.

Blair Betts and Martin Straka also scored as the Rangers kicked off their preseason schedule. Al Montoya, bidding to win the backup goaltender job behind Henrik Lundqvist, got the start and played well. He stopped 12 of 13 shots in a period and a half of action. Steve Valiquette finished up.

Dainius Zubrus, Zach Parise and Brian Gionta scored for the Devils, who fell to 1-2 in preseason and saw backup goalie Kevin Weekes get hurt.

The former Ranger was signed as a free agent over the summer to spell Martin Brodeur. Weekes was injured 6:06 in the game when Rangers forward Sean Avery shoved Devils defensemen Johnny Oduya into the crease, sending Weekes crashing into the post before hitting the ice hard. Weekes appeared woozy as he was helped to the locker room.

NHL.com - Scores

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
farzamk said:
It's only pre season, it's just all about getting ready for the real deal.
exactly which is another reason why the whole thing with Kevin was rediculious..

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Funny how Avery did this with Janssen, White, and Asham all out of the lineup. But then he's always been a coward I guess.:rolleyes:

It looks like it's probably between Clarkson and Bergfors to take Langenbrunner's place while he's out, unless Sutter decides to go a different route entirely. I wouldn't mind seeing both of them make it, at least to start the season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts