Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Leafs Fan
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is easily the biggest game in the Preds History. A win locks them up with a playoff spot, while a lose still gives them a chance, depends on Edmonton.

Well, I hope Edmonton and Nashville make it in, and St. Louis can miss the playoffs.

LETS GO NASHVILLE!

game time is 3 PM ET

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
they are both tied with two games apeice in their meetings this season. they are pretty much even across the board. both teams have strong goaltenders and young talent. a strong pattern has devloped when these teams have played each other this season. as long as both teams play strong and are sharp its a close game but if one team gets the lead then other will get tired. it will come down to speical teams. both are pretty even on the powerplay but the preds have got a weaker pk. it will be a game of dumping and chasing. the preds are young and can get run down easily.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
KB in Kelowna said:
I haven't doen all the calculations, but the outcome I am hoping for is the Preds get in, the Oilers get in, the Canucks win the Northwest, the Blues are golfing early.
the oil, preds and blues all have 89 pts. if stL loses both, preds win both and the oil lose in ot...man, this would be perfect.

this would give us the division title, avs would be fourth, nashville would secure 7th spot and the oil would squeak in at 8th...

stL would be crying the blues and the rotten filthy stinking maggot ridden turtling avs would be matched up against the stars...

it's a longshot...but here's to hoping...

GO CANUCKS, OIL AND PREDS, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

·
Banned
4,489 Posts
I can't believe Nashville is getting a Game Day thread for them. :shock: :lol:

Obviously this game has huge implications for the OIL and because of that I have been TUSSLING wih the three possibilites above. A St.Louis win would put Nashville in a tough position because they play Colorado tommorow, but if Nashville won, then the OIL could maybe not have a chance after tommorow's outcomes. And I've thought of the tiem, too. This means a tie between them would put them at 90 points, meaning the OIL would need to win and one of those teams would have to lose tommorow. BEST case scenario would be a TIE, OIL win and both teams losing tommorow giving Edmonton 7th spot and a date with the Sharks. So that's what I'm hoping for today is a STL/NAS tie.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Im contradicting myself, but I hope it's a tie. Now that I think about it, as JR said, a tie means that the Oilers have to win, and only ONE team has to lose tomorrow.

GO OILERS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts