Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Game On! CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA unveils exciting new details for an action-packed 2006-07 season

New broadcast team members, new features, 17 regional match-ups, 28 all-Canadian match-ups, six tripleheaders and seven afternoon games highlight upcoming season

Seven days and counting! CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA returns Oct. 5 at 7 p.m. ET with a new, jam-packed, action-filled broadcast package featuring an 81-game schedule with 30 games broadcast in High-Definition, exciting broadcast team additions including Cassie Campbell, Drew Remenda and Scott Morrison, the debut of the innovative skills segment Think Hockey, new online features, Steve Yzerman's Retirement Game, the 2006 Hall of Fame Game, the seventh annual CBC'S HOCKEY DAY IN CANADA celebration, the 55th NHL All-Star Game, the 2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs and exclusive coverage of the 2007 Stanley Cup Final -- all guaranteed to satisfy even the most diehard hockey fan.

"Hockey Night in Canada is a Canadian institution and viewers have come to expect only the best from our broadcasts," said Joel Darling, executive producer, CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA. "We are proud to be providing fans with a fantastic broadcast schedule that features more regional games, more all-Canadian matchups and more tripleheaders. Along with fresh features such as Think Hockey and the new additions to our already impressive broadcast team, we are looking forward to one of our best seasons yet."

CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA kicks off the 2006/07 season on Thursday, Oct. 5 with a must-see all-Canadian doubleheader starting at 7 p.m. ET, as the Toronto Maple Leafs travel to Ottawa to take on the Sens in their home opener, while Vancouver opens the season taking on the Red Wings in Detroit (please see broadcast distribution schedule below). In the nightcap of the twin bill, the Calgary Flames open their season on the road in Edmonton, facing off against the Oilers at 10 p.m. ET.

On Saturday, Oct. 7, CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA continues a longstanding and important Canadian tradition with its first Saturday night doubleheader of the season. Host Ron MacLean sets the stage for the evening at 6:30 p.m. ET with Saturday Night, the pre-game show -- which will also feature the return of The Headliner hosted by Elliotte Friedman, as well as Scott Oake throughout the season, and the premiere of Think Hockey.

Think Hockey, a brand new feature sponsored by The Home Depot and hosted by MacLean, includes a well-known hockey expert presenting a skill, tip, idea or piece of advice designed to help develop a more complete hockey player. Shot entirely in High-Definition at the Hershey Centre in Mississauga, Ont., Think Hockey's instructors include Wendel Clark, Bryan Murray, Kirk Muller, Geraldine Heaney, Brian Kilrea, Adam Graves, Paul Maurice, Larry Murphy, David Marcoux, Rob Cookson, Ryan Walter, Drew Remenda, Keith Acton and Ron Davidson. Sixty features in total will be broadcast throughout the season, with the second of the two nightly episodes airing between Game One and Game Two of the traditional Saturday night doubleheaders.

Following Saturday Night, the first puck of the night drops at 7 p.m. ET, with Toronto playing host to Montreal and the Senators facing off against Buffalo at home in Ottawa (please see broadcast distribution schedule below). Bob Cole and Harry Neale will call the Leafs/Canadiens matchup, while Don Wittman and Greg Millen will be in the broadcast booth for the Sens/Sabres game.

Returning to CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA broadcast during the first intermission of Game One is the incomparable Don Cherry and ever-popular Coach's Corner. Satellite Hotstove, the informative second intermission segment, also returns as MacLean is joined by hockey insiders including Eric Duhatschek, Pierre LeBrun and one of the newest additions to the broadcast team, analyst Scott Morrison.

In Game Two of the Oct. 7 twin bill at 10 p.m. ET, host Scott Oake and analyst Kelly Hrudey will go rinkside at the Pengrowth Saddledome in Calgary as the Flames host Edmonton in a classic Battle of Alberta matchup. Play-by-play announcer Jim Hughson will call the game alongside another new addition to the broadcast team, analyst Drew Remenda. Cassie Campbell, the former captain of Canada's national women's hockey team, will also be on-hand, making her debut on CBC'S HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA as a rinkside reporter.

Behind the Mask, the popular segment featuring Oake and Hrudey, returns for another exciting season during the first intermission of Game Two. At 1 a.m. ET, Oake and Hrudey cap off the full night of hockey with After Hours, the only-one-of-its-kind post-game show featuring live in-depth post-game interviews with NHL players and personalities.

NHL.com - News

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Gotta love the six tripleheaders and all those afternoon games.

Usually a tripleheader is an excuse for me to get all my buddies over and get tanked watching hockey and then make plans to go out, knowing by the time the last game is over, we'll all be in no shape to be in public.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I am really excited to see the All Star Game and Hockey Day in Canada my boss already knows I need to have it off lol

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
6 Triple headers and 7 afternoon games?!

Anyone else think they're seeing TSN in their rear view mirror?

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
6 Triple headers and 7 afternoon games?!

Anyone else think they're seeing TSN in their rear view mirror?
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of!!! I don't want TSN to get the contract!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's The Best

WOW!!!

I just LOVE HNIC!

ITS THE BEST!!!

THIS SEASON I HAVE TSN TOO.. JUST GOT CABLE. SO WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH ALOT OF GAMES.......

HNIC SHOULD BE TWO TIMES IN A WEEK! LIKE WEDNESDAY AND STAURDAY!

OH WELL!

ANYWAYZ . Panoo Can U tell Me Which Game Will I Get In Edmonton,Alberta

OTT VS LEAFS
OR
VAN VS DET

Please Reply Thanks!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oilers said:
ANYWAYZ . Panoo Can U tell Me Which Game Will I Get In Edmonton,Alberta

OTT VS LEAFS
OR
VAN VS DET

Please Reply Thanks!
Hey oilers,

You will get the Van. vs Det game on CBC.

Thursday, Oct. 5, 2006
TOR vs OTT [Ont-E] HD - 7:00 pm
VAN vs DET [Man/W/Windsor] - 7:00 pm
CAL vs EDM [National] - 10:00 pm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts