Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Gagne and the flyers will be heading to arbitration......if Bobby doesn't like the decision from the arbitrator the Flyers can walk away and I believe that would make Gagne a Free Agent.......but final arbitration decisions don't come until early to mid august.........so if Gagne is awarded big money from the arbitrator, which he should be, Clarke may end up walking away and whoever was thrifty in the early going of Free agency could pick up a premium all star player.....

·
Registered
306 Posts
The Flyers are fools and dead in the water with Booby Clarke at the helm.:(

·
Registered
275 Posts
No Panoo........ Havlat Is Good Too.... I Would Say Gagne For Scaefer Or Like Vermetter Or Varada Thats A Good Deal.. Havlat Scores Alot. He Doesnt Get Enough Points Cauz He Doesnt Play 82 Games!

Last Season He Played 18 Games Only And 16 Points Who Knows Might Have Got Like 90 If He Played 82 Games

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
oilers said:
No Panoo........ Havlat Is Good Too.... I Would Say Gagne For Scaefer Or Like Vermetter Or Varada Thats A Good Deal.. Havlat Scores Alot. He Doesnt Get Enough Points Cauz He Doesnt Play 82 Games!

Last Season He Played 18 Games Only And 16 Points Who Knows Might Have Got Like 90 If He Played 82 Games
I know, but I believe Ottawa wants to get rid of him. He's trade bait for them! He's a headache every time his contract comes up, and like you said, he never plays 82 games, he gets suspended, injured etc

They need to keep guys like Schaefer, he's a good 2 way player!

Varada is a good agitator, and every team needs one!

Vermette is just a young guy coming into his own! They have to keep him!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah Havlat will be traded and have a new team at some point this season, because he refuses to sign anything longer than a 1 year contract with Ottawa. Havlat is a phenominal talent, but he is injury prone and has a terrible attitude...money comes before the team with this guy. I love having his skill on the team but I hate his tantrums which he seems to throw every other year.........If Ottawa can get a comprable player in return for him or free up some cap space to sign a big name I would be all for it. As for the Gagne trade idea......if the flyers walk away from the arbitrators decision, I'm almost positive it makes Gagne a free agent (because he would not have a contract with a team-much like if a qualifying offer is rejected or experies on an RFA) and then you don't have to trade for him.

You couldn't trade Vrada cause he isn't on the Sens any more......they haven't resigned him as of yet...and probably won't.......AND there is no way I would trade Schaefer or Vermette......Vermette is going to be something special and we got a good glimpse of that this year......as for Schaefer, he and Fisher are our best grinders who have offensive skill and we can't afford to lose guys like that...in fact we need more like that.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
panoo2004 said:
I can't even believe Clarke has lasted this long??:dunno:

He's married to the daughter of the owner of the team (Mr. Snyder). I think that has a little something to do with Philly's unwillingness to fire him. ;)

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
BE-LEAF-ABLE said:
He's married to the daughter of the owner of the team (Mr. Snyder). I think that has a little something to do with Philly's unwillingness to fire him. ;)
I should have known!!!! :laugh: It's the ONLY reason that makes sense!!

Heaven forbid if you got daddy's little girl pissed off !!!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
panoo2004 said:
I should have known!!!! :laugh: It's the ONLY reason that makes sense!!

Heaven forbid if you got daddy's little girl pissed off !!!
:laugh:

How long will he last at the Flyers helm?... probably as long as daddy's little girl wants him too. And the fans are the ones left puzzled time and time again as to why he remains. :cheeky4:

With that said, I think Gagne should be getting $5M/y. He's shown time and time again, that he's a star in this league, even at his age (25?). Clarke better hand him the bucks, he's one guy on that team who deserves it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts