Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day one of free agency is over, and pretty much all the big names are gone!
The Blackhawks say every year how there going to go and get there guy. Well again they haven't with free agency this year, because they were said to have targeted Marc Savard, Patrick Elias, Brett Clark, and a top d-man.
Well Savard, Elias, and Clark have all been signed, and the top d-men have been pretty much all signed.
It just seems like they dont care, and its been this way now for over ten years!

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Blackhawk 15 said:
Day one of free agency is over, and pretty much all the big names are gone!
The Blackhawks say every year how there going to go and get there guy. Well again they haven't with free agency this year, because they were said to have targeted Marc Savard, Patrick Elias, Brett Clark, and a top d-man.
Well Savard, Elias, and Clark have all been signed, and the top d-men have been pretty much all signed.
It just seems like they dont care, and its been this way now for over ten years!
When they don't even sign a T.V. contract, that pretty much tells all right there!

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
It's true. They don't care, and they don't seem to care if eveyone knows it.

The Leafs were like this the last few years. They've made a bit of a splash this year, but they still haven't done nearly enough to make me believe that they're only goal is to make the playoffs and that it.

To me, the Leafs have been only about the money for year, so even with landing Kubina, I'm still sceptical of this team and their commitment to winning.

They still need a top line LW, a top 6 winger, and a 2nd line centerman to even have a chance at competing at the Cup. I'll be watching this year to see whether or not they'll actually finish the team, but I they've given me right to continuing to doubt that will happen.

They'll likely make the playoffs with unfilled holes once more, then get the media to tag them as a "Cup Contender". :rolleyes: It's typical of them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wirtz =

:mad: But since their the Leafs in Canada they still attract fans, and in Chicago, IL you dont find many Hawks fans or for that fact any hockey fans!

PLUS: The Leafs televise ALL of their games Home & Away!
HAWKS DONT!:mad:

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Blackhawk 15 said:
:mad: But since their the Leafs in Canada they still attract fans, and in Chicago, IL you dont find many Hawks fans or for that fact any hockey fans!

PLUS: The Leafs televise ALL of their games Home & Away!
HAWKS DONT!:mad:
This is
but I have to add it anyway!!

It is confusing.... when you see teams like Winnipeg and Quebec, which had to fold because of player salaries and $'s!!!! They had TV and fans, the problem was Gary Bettman!!

WINNIPEG JETS:
As the NHL expanded in the United States, operating costs and salaries grew rapidly, and the Jets were unable to retain their best players. Various schemes were attempted to save the team through a tremendous grassroots effort and government funds. In the end, their efforts were not enough.

QUEBEC NORDIQUES:
For the 1994-95 season Marc Crawford was hired as the new head coach and Forsberg was deemed ready to finally join the team, but first there was the problem of a lockout. When the shortened season began, the Nordiques played well and finished on top of the Eastern Conference. Even so, the team faltered in the postseason and were eliminated in the first round by the defending Stanley Cup champion New York Rangers.

The playoff loss proved to be Quebec's swan song in the NHL as the team's financial troubles increasingly took center stage. Team owner Marcel Aubut asked for a bailout from Québec's provincial government. The bailout fell through and in May 1995, shortly after the Nordiques were eliminated from the playoffs, Aubut was forced to sell the team to a group of investors in Denver, Colorado, as that summer, the franchise moved to Colorado and renamed the Colorado Avalanche. Unfortunately, the Nordiques were planning to change their logo, colors, and uniforms for the 1996-97 Season before the bailout fell through. Although some resented the move and wondered what might have been, many fans in Quebec felt the team was still theirs and cheered the Avalanche to Stanley Cup success in their first season in Denver. In fact, the Avalanche held a second Stanley Cup parade through Quebec City after their victory.

Had Les Nordiques stayed in Quebec instead of heading for Denver, this would have been the franchise's new logo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts