Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raiders 2, Blades 1

Palazzo's first goal of the season also the winner as Raiders beat Blades

Prince Albert forward Justin Palazzo's first goal of the season turned also out to be the winner Friday.

Palazzo scored at 18:55 in the second period as the Raiders downed the Saskatoon Blades 2-1 in Western Hockey League action.

The goal, which was the end result of a 5-on-3 power play for the Raiders, came on a light slapshot from the top of the circle that somehow fooled Blades goaltender Braden Holtby.

"I don't know about (the first of) 20," Palazzo said, "but I'll see what I can do."

Matt Robertson also scored for the Raiders (12-15-2-2), who moved within one point of the Regina Pats for third place in the WHL's East Division.

Gaelan Patterson, also with his first of the season, replied for the East Division cellar-dwelling Blades (8-21-0-1).

The game was Prince Albert product Ryan McDonald's first in a Raiders uniform since being acquired from the Regina Pats Thursday in exchange for fellow 18-year-old forward Josh Elder.

"I didn't feel too nervous until I saw my stall tonight with my name above it and put my jersey on," said McDonald after the game. "Then my stomach started turning a little bit.

"But it felt like I had a lot of jump tonight. When I get a couple more games under my belt it should get even better yet."

David Aime made 25 saves for the win, while Holtby stopped 29 pucks in the loss.

Hitmen 4, Pats 3

At Calgary, Brett Sonne scored twice, including the game winner, to lead the Hitmen to a narrow win over Regina.

Blazers 5, Bruins 0

At Kamloops, B.C., Dustin Butler stopped 20 shots for his fifth shutout as the Blazers blanked Chilliwack.

Rockets 2, Silvertips 0

At Kelowna, B.C., Lucas Bloodoff scored the winning goal as the Rockets downed Everett.

Hurricanes 4, Tigers 3

At Lethbridge, Alta., Tomas Kudelka had a goal and two assists as the Hurricanes edged Medicine Hat.

Chiefs 6, Thunderbirds 3

At Spokane, Wash., Michael Grabner and David Rutherford both scored twice as the Chiefs beat Seattle.

Warriors 5, Broncos 2

At Moose Jaw, Sask., Riley Holzapfel scored a pair of second period goals to lead the Warriors over Swift Current.

Giants 6, Winter Hawks 1

At Portland, Ore., Michal Repik and Jonathon Blum both racked up a goal and three assists as Vancouver trounced the Winter Hawks.

Cougars 3, Rebels 2 (SO)

At Red Deer, Alta., Devin Setoguchi scored the shootout winner as Prince George squeaked by the Rebels.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts