Hockey Fan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I said Theodore would blow it. One of the Sportsnet.ca headlines is "Avs must work through Theodore's slump".

He blew last night against Chicago. Martin Lapointe's game winning goal qualifies as the softest goal ever.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
He had a rough night last night. Even he said he should've had one or two of them. It was a soft goal, but I've let in softer ;)

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
I said Theodore would blow it. One of the Sportsnet.ca headlines is "Avs must work through Theodore's slump".
Yeah, it's too bad the season ends after five games. If Theodore had something along the lines of 77 more he might've been able to pull up his game.

He blew last night against Chicago. Martin Lapointe's game winning goal qualifies as the softest goal ever.
The fifth goal was even worse, Theodore wasn't even within twenty feet of the net.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah, it's too bad the season ends after five games. If Theodore had something along the lines of 77 more he might've been able to pull up his game.

The fifth goal was even worse, Theodore wasn't even within twenty feet of the net.
Lol, Phish, you are getting pretty sarcastic. Anyways, everyone's allowed a bad game. Theo has only had two of those. Remember Vokoun's first two starts this year? Everyone's just ragging on him because he had a bad year last year, so automatically they assume that he's back to his bad self.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
He's not bad. Sure he had a bad season last year, everbody has a bad season once in a while. Okay everyoine is an overstatement. A few people did. But I mean, Look at this video from a few years ago. This isn't proving that he is good, but he is. I think on the saves in the video, he was extremely lucky. Theo, is a great goalie, and He'll show everyone that we won that trade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZZqA8wZIK4

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
He's not bad. Sure he had a bad season last year, everbody has a bad season once in a while. Okay everyoine is an overstatement. A few people did. But I mean, Look at this video from a few years ago. This isn't proving that he is good, but he is. I think on the saves in the video, he was extremely lucky. Theo, is a great goalie, and He'll show everyone that we won that trade.
You are aware that that is a video of some guy at the Oilers home opener right Kermit?

·
Registered
759 Posts
He cant win....Aebischer's salary is way below Theo,s and he is able to pull better numbers....and even if the stats were equal....Montreal still would get the edge since it cost them cheaper having Aebischer and Huet together than having just Theo

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Omg, no, just don't even bring up the stupid ass stats or anything, I'm not out to disproving stupid people, this topic has gone on so long it's so tiring and boring. If another person makes a thread about how Theo is a horrible goalie, I might just show up to your house one night and lynch you.

And you better believe me cuz....

I've done it before

·
Registered
142 Posts
As an Av's fan I have to speak my opinion on this. Theo did have a chance at a fresh start. Now well into the season all he has proved, except in a few showings, is that he is a multi-million dollar shooter tutor. If we are to have a mediocre season we might as well let Budaj get the experience. Budaj will more than likely step up and play the way he can given the chance.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
As an Av's fan I have to speak my opinion on this. Theo did have a chance at a fresh start. Now well into the season all he has proved, except in a few showings, is that he is a multi-million dollar shooter tutor. If we are to have a mediocre season we might as well let Budaj get the experience. Budaj will more than likely step up and play the way he can given the chance.
I agree. If we are going to have a mediocre season, play Budaj, he could use the experience, because sooner or later in the next couple years, he will be the starter. He might has well get the experience now. Theo had a chance to proove that he was not a one season wonder, I don't think that chance is gone; yet. I think that we'll need spectacular play from our goaltenders in order to good. Play Budaj and let him get experience, then play Theo and let us loose games. When we play Budaj, we have a shot of winning. Sure he let's in weak goals, but then so does every goalie. But Theo just plain out looses games for us.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Goaltending, just like last season until January and after Aebi was traded, is the missing link and the one part of our game that is not solid. We had last game, until Theo screwed it up for us. Both goalies have solid games everyonce in a while, but they don't have that consistently.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think Montreal won the trade so far, Abby is posting similar numbers while we have him for 1.9 million. And that money we got from trading Theo helped us to re-sign Huet, who is currently leading the Nhl in sv% and GAA. Since the Avs are my second favorite team, I want them to do well, but with Theo in net I doubt they could go far, and sadly in the past few years Lacroix made some bad trades, such as the Drury trade, Morris-Ballard trade, and recently the Abby trade(didn't count the Tanguay trade since we haven't seem Leopold yet). And that sucks for the Avs since Theo makes 5.5 this year and 6 the next. With that money they could have gone out and get the D-men they need so bad.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I think Montreal won the trade so far, Abby is posting similar numbers while we have him for 1.9 million. And that money we got from trading Theo helped us to re-sign Huet, who is currently leading the Nhl in sv% and GAA. Since the Avs are my second favorite team, I want them to do well, but with Theo in net I doubt they could go far, and sadly in the past few years Lacroix made some bad trades, such as the Drury trade, Morris-Ballard trade, and recently the Abby trade(didn't count the Tanguay trade since we haven't seem Leopold yet). And that sucks for the Avs since Theo makes 5.5 this year and 6 the next. With that money they could have gone out and get the D-men they need so bad.
Well and the fact that Lacroix didn't make that trade...

Leopold has yet to play, and I'm getting pissed about it. We have yet to win three games in a row, and I'm getting pissed about that, because we have no consistency.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Goaltending, just like last season until January and after Aebi was traded, is the missing link and the one part of our game that is not solid. We had last game, until Theo screwed it up for us. Both goalies have solid games everyonce in a while, but they don't have that consistently.
Well and the fact that Lacroix didn't make that trade...

Leopold has yet to play, and I'm getting pissed about it. We have yet to win three games in a row, and I'm getting pissed about that, because we have no consistency.
So am I. We got him for a reson, and he is on the sidelines hurt. When is he coming back we could use him.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
No, Giguere handed over the keys before the trade. Lacroix may have been looking over his shoulder poking him and stuff, but Gigs is the one that was handling the draft and that was his first trade. Guarantee you. Hold on...I'll find the story.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Got it.

“Jordan is a solid defenseman and a very good skater,” said Avalanche Executive Vice President and General Manager Francois Giguere. “He is a former Hobey Baker Award winner that has great playmaking abilities at both ends of the ice. He is only 25 years-old and has a bright future ahead of him.”

“Moreover, we are hopeful that this year’s second-round draft pick will become an Avalanche player in the near future,” added Giguere.
Yeah, he was the gm during the trade...so...assuming that he was the one that made it.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts