Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are the General Manager of a Brand New NHL team and you have the option of selecting anybody that currently plays in the NHL to lace up their skates for your hockey team.....Who would that ONE player be if you could choose anybody from today's NHL to play on your team?...and Give us your reason Why?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, if i'm supposed to be realistic, i'd pick Todd White.
For the record, i'd be the GM of the ottawa senators.

Reason is simple. He comes at such a small price tag, but brings as much heart and passion in his game as Mike Fisher does. More importantly, he's extremely responsible defensively...and shows grit and determination.

I still don't get why the sens decided to trade the guy(Of all their great trades, this was one of their most horrible ones in my opinion).

Also, he has an offensive upside, and in the new nhl...could put up 60-70 points for the team.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ezekiel said:
Well, if i'm supposed to be realistic, i'd pick Todd White.
For the record, i'd be the GM of the ottawa senators.

Reason is simple. He comes at such a small price tag, but brings as much heart and passion in his game as Mike Fisher does. More importantly, he's extremely responsible defensively...and shows grit and determination.

I still don't get why the sens decided to trade the guy(Of all their great trades, this was one of their most horrible ones in my opinion).

Also, he has an offensive upside, and in the new nhl...could put up 60-70 points for the team.
Wow!...not exactly the type of answer I was expecting but nonetheless the question stated ANY player and you chose Todd White...sounds to me like you think he might be a tad bit under-rated by most other fans?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would choose Brodeur. My reason is simple: he is the best goalie in the NHL that gives his team a chance to win.
And lets face it without a solid netminder your team will not go far

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Alexander Ovechkin.

A 20 year old player who can carry a whole line by himself, and still put up 100 points. He can also hit, will fight if need be. There aren't many European power Forwards out there, but I would definitely consider Ovechkin to be one, no doubt about it.

He hits like a Mac truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts