Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David Poile is usually known for his “poker face” which seldom reveals what he is thinking.

But when asked if center Peter Forsberg was expected to be re-signed by the Nashville Predators he answered with a strong, ‘no.’

“I have not talked to Forsberg about a contract,” Poile said. “I don’t think he is going to tell anybody until the end of the summer whether or not he has any interest in playing hockey next season. That’s just the way he is.

“I plan to talk with him in the next couple of days. If he tells me that he hasn’t ruled out Nashville, but that he wants some time to think about it, I will tell him to take as much time as he wants. Forsberg is not physically or mentally in a frame of mind to make decisions right now.”

Poile didn’t expect to sign Forsberg to a contract for next season when he was obtained in a trade with Philadelphia in March.

“We knew what the deal was when we traded for him,” Poile said. “It is not about money. We will see how his summer goes. It is a matter of if he physically wants to do this again.”

Full Story

·
Registered
122 Posts
nasvhille couldn't fill the seats with a winner this year. They will have to cut payroll not resign a top guy like forsberg

·
Registered
237 Posts
They gave up a player, a prospect and two draft picks for about 30 games plus 5 in the playoffs by Forsberg. No improvement over last season. Do you think that Spring rental was a good deal for the Preds?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Forsberg has always been a brilliant player (57 games played 55points not bad) but at the end of the day Hockey is like any other business - they are looking to put bums in seats and of course that makes money.

As much as I hate to say it Forsberg (along with Lindros) should call it a day and save whats left of their bodies.

The club would be better off saving the money and maybe making a "wiser" investment.

Good luck to Forsberg for the future.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
I wonder who will take a chance on him next year? I say chance, because he's out of the line-up more than he's in, and if your trying to win games, that just won't cut it!!!

Yes, when he's in, he can get the points, but he's not reliable at all!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well if he could at least produce the same numbers point wise and play 55 - 65 games I would sign em up to Stars for a year (we signed Lindros and he did zip) at lest then somebody would be scoring!!

But all jokes aside I agree with you Panoo I reckon he'll have a rough time with getting a team to sign and to repeat myself from early ... the time to exit is now

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Forsberg has had a great career but because of a lack of confidence or any kind of mental stability to put in bluntly Forsberg just isn't in the game anymore, he has got a really bad case of the Yips. He himself has said personally that he's going to take the summer to consider if he wants to retire or go play back at home in Sweden or come back to the NHL. He's completely uncertain, and if he's uncertain, I wouldn't want him on my team.

WORST TRADE EVER by the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts