Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well think of it....you get distracted by the sun,ocean,hot florida girls that youdont really concentrate on hockey.And the ice there must be terrible over there.What do you people think?

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
habguy said:
Well think of it....you get distracted by the sun,ocean,hot florida girls that youdont really concentrate on hockey.And the ice there must be terrible over there.What do you people think?
... and Montreal is much better... there's the snow and the sleet and the freezing rain... and the cold howling wind blowing across the frozen ...

·
Super Leafs Fan
4,714 Posts
Man, I wouldn't mind playing in Florida or somewhere down there for a year or two, plus with the technology today, its not all that difficult to put in an arena in a tropical area, remember Dallas's old rink? they always had trouble with the ice, but with the new rink, the ice is just fine.

I think habguy would love to spend a little while in florida, wouldn't you habguy? :wink:

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
habguy said:
Ya, it'd be almost as bad as Brazil (if they had an NHL team).

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
habguy said:
The worst part is trying to concentrate after you figured out you didn't get all of the sand out of your shorts. Plus instead of water or Gatorade, the water bottles are fill with those foofy drinks with the umbrellas.

B

·
0 Posts
im sure most people in florida dont even know that they have an NHL team

·
Registered
237 Posts
big_e said:
I would rather play for a Canadian team anyday..
And yet what have certain NHL Players said about playing in the south or at least out of Canada:

It's better here because there isn't such a microscope from the media.

The BS coming out of Montreal all playoffs long was a great example of an overzealous microscope.. The fact they tried to crucify Joe Thorton for playing hurt then then tried to martyr Saku Koivu for doing the exact same thing is an example of their ridiculousness.

I'd rather play close to home if that's the logic for Canadian fans saying they woudl rather play for a Canadian team if they were players... So of course you would want to play in Canada - yet you aren't aware what goes on across the border except through the bullshit spewed on talk radio up north where teams dow south are supposedly selling 10 thousand 8 dollar seats to playoff games and offering 50 percent off on lower bowl seats :roll:

·
Premium Member
10,689 Posts
Camels and Ferraris in the parking lot? Not an uncommon sight when playing hockey in a palatial ice rink built in the middle of the desert in Dubai. Yes … Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates- just one of the exotic destinations die-hard hockey fan and best-selling author Dave Bidini visits as he travels the world in pursuit of the true spirit of Canada's much loved game. His unusual travels are fodder for a quirky and enlightening documentary called THE HOCKEY NOMAD that aired on CBC Newsworld's The Passionate Eye Canadian Showcase.

I wonder how you say "Nail the SOB" in Farsi or Arabic?

·
Registered
32 Posts
It would be an alright place to play but it would be better to play in a place that had snow thow. Nothing better than playing on outdoor rinks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts