Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Florida made good additions this season and we have a pretty strong line-up ... this is how I think it could look.

Peltonen-Jokinen-Horton *
Gelinas-Stumpel-Bertuzzi **
Olesz-Gratton-Kolnik
Campbell-Weiss-Stewart

Bouwmeester - Salei
Van Ryn - Allen
Mezei - Montador

Auld
Anderson

* First Line: I'd really like to see Peltonen and Jokinen play in the same line with a power forward in the right wing. Horton is great creating traffic and has great hand-eye coordination, making him a great combo with Olli's shots from the blue line. Peltonen is a proven scorer and great team leader. He will, in my opinion, have a greater impact in Florida's hockey than Bert.

** Second Line: Everything in this line ... scoring on the left, superb passing and playmaking at center, and grinding pressure on the right. Hopefully Bert will wake up and give us some hits on the right and work those corners with intensity. This line's strength is experience.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Go_Cats said:
I think Florida made good additions this season and we have a pretty strong line-up ... this is how I think it could look.

Olesz-Gratton-Kolnik
Campbell-Weiss-Stewart

Bouwmeester - Salei
Van Ryn - Allen
Mezei - Montador

Auld
Anderson

* First Line: I'd really like to see Peltonen and Jokinen play in the same line with a power forward in the right wing. Horton is great creating traffic and has great hand-eye coordination, making him a great combo with Olli's shots from the blue line. Peltonen is a proven scorer and great team leader. He will, in my opinion, have a greater impact in Florida's hockey than Bert.

** Second Line: Everything in this line ... scoring on the left, superb passing and playmaking at center, and grinding pressure on the right. Hopefully Bert will wake up and give us some hits on the right and work those corners with intensity. This line's strength is experience.
Umm...Martin Gelinas constitutes scoring on the left? I really hope for Florida's sake that some of their young players start to have an impact on the scoresheet for them, because if you are relying on Gelinas to provide your scoring from the second line at this point in his career, you could be knee deep in it by Christmas...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Did anyone Ever notice how the LW is a weeker position? You always hear about Great RW's or C's but not to much now a day about LW's, expecially since one teams top LW is Gelines:haha: (sorry if his name is spelt wrong)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gordfish said:
Umm...Martin Gelinas constitutes scoring on the left? I really hope for Florida's sake that some of their young players start to have an impact on the scoresheet for them, because if you are relying on Gelinas to provide your scoring from the second line at this point in his career, you could be knee deep in it by Christmas...
You are right ... but when compared to the other LW's, Gelinas could easily earn second spot. Also consider Roberts (which I didn't mind to include, because of his trade request to Toronto). Niewendyk is not included in the lineup either. I'm not expecting much of them this next season ... they are old, and very prone to injuries. Niew misses a lot of games because of back injury and Roberts does not fall behind.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
Go_Cats said:

Olesz-Gratton-Kolnik
Campbell-Weiss-Stewart

Bouwmeester - Salei
Van Ryn - Allen
Mezei - Montador

Auld
Anderson

Newindyke & Roberts? And personnally I'd have the first line like this

Roberts-Jolinen-Bertuzzi- that is a huge and devestating line

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
this willl look better

Gelinas-Jokinen-Bertuzi
peltonen-Stumpel-Horton
Olesz-Gratton-Kolnik
Campbell-Weiss-Stewart

Bouwmeester - Salei
Van Ryn - Allen
Mezei - Montador

Auld
Anderson

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MaCabe said:
Newindyke & Roberts? And personnally I'd have the first line like this
I mentioned before the reason why I did not include Roberts and Niewendyk.

MaCabe said:
Roberts-Jolinen-Bertuzzi- that is a huge and devestating line

I am not sure Jokinen and Bertuzzi could be compatible in the same line, unless Bert doesn't play power-f. I am a little iffy about Roberts. He is not, at this point of his career (and life) someone you can rely on night in and out due to health problems and injuries (remember that collision with Hill vs Phoenix).

Plus, I'm really excited about Peltonen. This guy is legendary in europe. He won with virtually every team he played for. He made Helsinki Jokerit champions of europe, and had tremendous success with HC Lugano. The guy was in Finland's Silver Medal Team in Torino (only one of the few non NHLers in team Finland). I think I might go to opening day just to watch HIM play. Forget about Bert! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Superman9986 said:
Did anyone Ever notice how the LW is a weeker position? You always hear about Great RW's or C's but not to much now a day about LW's, expecially since one teams top LW is Gelines:haha: (sorry if his name is spelt wrong)
It is a position with less superstars.... Orr, Lemieux, Beliveau, Gretzky, Richard, Dionne, Howe, etc. None of them of LWs.

I don't know why historically, there's less stars at LW.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Why Ike! Whatever do you mean?

Markus Naslund, Rick Nash, Patrick Elias, Alex Tanguay, Brendan Shanahan, Keith Tkachuk, Ilya Kovalchuk, Alexander Ovechkin, Paul Kariya, Ryan Smith, Luc Robitaille (retired, I know).

·
Registered
524 Posts
prucha_for_mvp said:
this willl look better

Gelinas-Jokinen-Bertuzi
peltonen-Stumpel-Horton
Olesz-Gratton-Kolnik
Campbell-Weiss-Stewart

Bouwmeester - Salei
Van Ryn - Allen
Mezei - Montador

Auld
Anderson
Gelinas on the top line? No way is that happening. I saw Peltonen play at the Olympics and he seemed to be a solid player who contributed offensively. It should be interesting to see if Florida puts Bertuzzi and Jokinen together. I know that they play two different styles of hockey, but Bertuzzi did play well with Naslund. Maybe he will play well with Jokinen.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Well Florida is obviously gonna try Belfour number one now, good price for him for if he gets injured, only $750 000. Smart move by Belfour IMO, playing for the love of the game now, nice class.

·
Registered
524 Posts
dgill90 said:
Smart move by Belfour IMO, playing for the love of the game now, nice class.
I don't think the Belfour is playing for the love of the game as much as Florida was the only team that was willing to give him that nice of a contract.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
onevadbeaver said:
I don't think the Belfour is playing for the love of the game as much as Florida was the only team that was willing to give him that nice of a contract.
Why else would he play now, future hall of famer, won a Stanley Cup, one of the best of his era's which is sadly coming to an end, yes Florida was the only team nice enough to risk him, but he's playing for the love of the game now. Why he signed in Florida; no other team wanted him and he just wants to play.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yes, the reason he continues to play is that he loves to play. (And what else is he going to do?) However the reason he is in Florida is that they offered him a more lucrative contract than Detriot did.

·
Registered
156 Posts
gordfish said:
Why Ike! Whatever do you mean?

Markus Naslund, Rick Nash, Patrick Elias, Alex Tanguay, Brendan Shanahan, Keith Tkachuk, Ilya Kovalchuk, Alexander Ovechkin, Paul Kariya, Ryan Smith, Luc Robitaille (retired, I know).
I'm saying HOF-level.

Shanny (besides Lucky) is the only one that merits HOF consideration...for now.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
J.S. 22 said:
I'm saying HOF-level.

Shanny (besides Lucky) is the only one that merits HOF consideration...for now.
Im pretty sure Luc Robitaille will be a consideration,maybe along with Tkachuk, Ovechkin's career is so promising he will be in the future, Nash and Kovalchuk will also have a chance in the futre.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:
Now I've included Roberts and Nieuwy, given that they will be returning
I'm not sure about Stumpy in the first line ... depends on his consistency. Horton could very well take that spot (Rob-Jok-Hort worked really well last season) and Bert could very well fill that spot if he rattles the corners. Playmakers and PowerFs work well with Roberts and Jokinen.

What are your thoughts? Any change?

Roberts - Jokinen - Stumpel
Peltonen - Nieuwendyk - Bertuzzi
Gelinas - Weiss - Horton
Olesz - Gratton - Kolnik

Bouwmeester - Salei
Van Ryn - Allen
Mezei - Montador

Auld
Belfour

·
Registered
156 Posts
dgill90 said:
Im pretty sure Luc Robitaille will be a consideration,maybe along with Tkachuk, Ovechkin's career is so promising he will be in the future, Nash and Kovalchuk will also have a chance in the futre.
Yeah, I know Luc will be in (hence my call on him in my post calling him "Lucky", I referred to him)

Ovi, if he keeps up the blazing production, yes. Tkachuk, I'd say no. He doesn't have that..... "aura" a HOF player does. You know, when you watch Stevie Y and chills go down your back... Tkachuk is a good player, but not HOF-quality, IMHO.

As for Nash/Kovalchuk, I think they'll be fine players, but just fall short of HOF.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm just curios Go_oil....how old are you?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts