Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know its a pretty safe bet Pittsburg will get the No. 1 pick AGAIN this year.

Who do you think they will take first overall?

I'm going with to go with Erik Johnson because next year they will have Crosby and Malkin up front and Fleury in the pipes

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would the first overall pick not go to the worst team this year?

There was only a lottery this past season due to there not being a season in 04-05

410 Posts
I think Pittsburgh will get first overall pick. The first overall pick will be Kessel. I would be dissapointed if Pittsburgh got the first overall pick because they have gotten it in over five years! I think Kessel or Eric Johnson.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what team is eric on right now is he on a college team or in a juinor league please let me know what team he is on

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
I believe that there is a lottery between the bottom 5 teams or so, so its kinda impossible to predict... but eh, lets go with the Blues, who take Kessel. This guy is a fantastic player, as is Toews, and Johnson. And don't forget that if the Pens don't resign Malkin by like June 1, he will enter the draft again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd lean towards Phil Kessel.I really like Jonathan Toews and Jordan Stall,but I doubt they will be picked first.I think Eric Johnson is a very special player he is a franchise defencemen,but I still think teams will lean toward Phil Kessel,but I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted someone else.

·
Premium Member
4,519 Posts
Well folks, Blues won the Lottery and gain first pick. Will be interesting to see who they pick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The top four players all have a chance of going first.It should be very interesting to see who get picked where.Pittsburgh has the 2nd overall pick this year which means they will get another solid young player.:( My Toronto Maple Leafs are picking 13th which is a decent pick.:) Should be pretty interesting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts