Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where this came from, but the Rangers, before speaking to soon, have actually showed a lot of heart and perseverance in the last two games. With two goalies playing 0 and 1 goal allowed games im starting to think the blueshirts are taking themselves seriously. Noticing how Drury is stepping up for the clutch goals makes me think he's really worth what we paid for him. Players on the lower lines are finally doing what they were envisioned to do and we're getting rewarded a lot. The mention of Forsberg coming in as an addition at the trade deadline definitely should have sparked some Rangers' fans interests.

If we show the league this is the team we are we could get far in the playoffs. Jagr needs to be moved for a guy with a really good shot and in his scoring prime. Recently i've been hearing rumours about Los Angeles doing a fire sale and dumping players like Cammalleri if the price is right. Unfortunately, he's also a centre and that wouldnt work for our team if Forsberg was there. Frolov maybe?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I'm not sure where this came from, but the Rangers, before speaking to soon, have actually showed a lot of heart and perseverance in the last two games. With two goalies playing 0 and 1 goal allowed games im starting to think the blueshirts are taking themselves seriously. Noticing how Drury is stepping up for the clutch goals makes me think he's really worth what we paid for him. Players on the lower lines are finally doing what they were envisioned to do and we're getting rewarded a lot. The mention of Forsberg coming in as an addition at the trade deadline definitely should have sparked some Rangers' fans interests.

If we show the league this is the team we are we could get far in the playoffs. Jagr needs to be moved for a guy with a really good shot and in his scoring prime. Recently i've been hearing rumours about Los Angeles doing a fire sale and dumping players like Cammalleri if the price is right. Unfortunately, he's also a centre and that wouldnt work for our team if Forsberg was there. Frolov maybe?

Dont get so overly excited remember the Rangers win all the time down in phily and own the Devils this season. We won back to back before the break against a thrashers team they also swept last year. And we lost to the canes which we play average at the very least. When they beat some teams that give them fits they maybe ill feel better over the team.

I do know this the Rangers could easily have 5 more wins if not for the Refs.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
...I do know this the Rangers could easily have 5 more wins if not for the Refs.
Everyone can say this. I'll give the Rangers credit for how they looked in Philly, but not that much. Most of the credit for the Rangers' win goes to the Flyers being awful that night and just not showing up at all. That might have been their worst outing of the year. 2 shots in the second period? Anyone can win with numbers like that. Valiquette was solid when the Flyers had rare moments of pressure.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Everyone can say this. I'll give the Rangers credit for how they looked in Philly, but not that much. Most of the credit for the Rangers' win goes to the Flyers being awful that night and just not showing up at all. That might have been their worst outing of the year. 2 shots in the second period? Anyone can win with numbers like that. Valiquette was solid when the Flyers had rare moments of pressure.
One reason im still not overlly excited yet. Although still in the 8th spot i expected a lot more from the Rangers. One Major problem is just sticking to the same line combos and the Rangers coach likes to change up way to much.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I gotta give the Rangers credit, they've found a way to out-Devil the Devils this year. Maybe it's karma from that 05-06 playoff series when the Rangers couldn't buy any luck. Now it's the Devils that can't buy any luck.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Jagr needs to be moved for a guy with a really good shot and in his scoring prime.
No one is going to trade for Jagr, let alone trading a good player for him. If you want to get rid of him why would anyone else want him? He's played 15 tough years with numerous injuries and he's done. That's no disgrace. Not everyone can play until 45. The Rangers shouldn't renew his contract and that will be it. It will be addition by subtraction. Jagr stunts the offense because no one plays their game around him. He was a great player in his time but it's no longer his time.

What is a disgrace is visiting fans booing him. I can see him being legitimately booed in Washington and maybe Philly because he killed them all those years but that's it. Seeing him booed in Montreal reminds you that these are classless fans that have been given a pass and received undeserved deferential treatment by the hockey establishment for way too long.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Dec 07
1,037 Posts
What is a disgrace is visiting fans booing him. I can see him being legitimately booed in Washington and maybe Philly because he killed them all those years but that's it. Seeing him booed in Montreal reminds you that these are classless fans that have been given a pass and received undeserved deferential treatment by the hockey establishment for way too long.
Really? What treatment would that be?

And booing an opposing player and/or team is classless? Considering the Rangers were until 1994 one of the best group of boo-birds out there (until they got their rocks off with winning the Cup), that's quite amusing.

·
Registered
949 Posts
booing is a compliment and the players know it. if they weren't a concern for the fans in the stands, no one would waste their breath to boo.

besides, when on the ice, the concentration is such that boos or cheering is all just back ground noise anyways....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts