Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now mostly everyones gonna say Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin. I'm not too big on Crosby but I do like Ovechkin a lot. I also liked Marek Svatos and Dion Phaneuf but I do have to say that Ovechkin is my favourite followed by Phaneuf. Whos your favourite? Oh I also liked Andrej Meszaros from Ottawa.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
senatorsfan1987 said:
Now mostly everyones gonna say Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin. I'm not too big on Crosby but I do like Ovechkin a lot. I also liked Marek Svatos and Dion Phaneuf but I do have to say that Ovechkin is my favourite followed by Phaneuf. Whos your favourite? Oh I also liked Andrej Meszaros from Ottawa.
My favorite rookie from last season would have to be Dion Phaneuf, this guy is gonna be something in the NHL, opponents better watch out, he has one of the greatest open ice hits going in the league right now!! :thumbsup:

Second I would pick Andrej Meszaros, this guy is so underrated it's not even funny. He's a steady force on the blue line, and for a rookie, he logged a lot of ice time, he still has a lot to learn, but for his rookie season, I think he did pretty good!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I liked Ryan Craig, Marek Svatos, Alex Steen,Dion Phaneuf.. and I may be one of the rare people to like Sidney Crosby lol and you can't not like Ovechkin.

Question:Brad Boyes, he was still considered a rookie even though he played one game with San Jose before he got traded to Boston right? If so hes on my list of favourite rookies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i liked alexander steen being a leafs fan he is the future captain of the team but i also liked ovechkin crosby was nothing but a baby that entire nhl season and the only reason he got an "a" in pitsburgh was so he could wine to the refs without gettin a penalty

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Alexander Steen, Kyle Wellwood, Dion Phaneuf, and of course Alexander Ovchekin.

It was great to see not 1 Rookie but 2 put up very solid performances in Toronto. Wellwood has shown some flare I haven't seen in a Leaf rookie since... well I don't know if Sullivan is much of a comparison. He's more of the playmaking type, and I think that he's got a lot of offencive potential.

Steen was great to. A solid all-aroudn game, and he can play in any situation. ES, PP, PK, late in a game (whether up or down by a goal). He may not have as much in terms of offencive potential as Wellwood has, but he'll be in the 60+ points range soon, I'm sure.

And as for Phaneuf: He stepped right as if he were playing in the NHL for years. Simply amazing.

And Ovechkin was Ovechkin. Outstanding. I don't know what else to say about the guy. He was that great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
senatorsfan1987 said:
Well yeah..Ovechkin! Fantastic kid both on and off the ice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
senatorsfan1987 said:
I thought Crosby had an amazing season for an eighteen year old especially considering the pressure on him. Don't get me wrong, Ovechkin was awesome! But so was Crosby, and I think Crosby's game is more rounded. One thing is certain though, we're in for a treat for many years to come if these two guys can stay healthy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts