Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for the team of Red Wings... who is the best player ? why do you like him ?

Mine has to be..Chris Chelios. Number 24 :)

I like him becasue he is a good player... a and just all around a great person IMO

so who do you like ? thay don't have to be part of the team now... ;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Well for now, Obviously Shanahan is number one in my book. he has had a great season. hes 12th time of scoring thirty goals. I think its great! and hes third in team scoring. hes vocal when need be and he used to be a great fighter. hes slowed down since his youth, but he has played great.

I love Chelios also, for his great leadership, his consistency on ice.

Mike Vernon, My favorite goaltender, he was a great clutch goalie for the wings in '97 and I mean who wouldnt love the guy that pummeled Patrick Roy's ass.

·
Registered
24 Posts
as of now, its Henrik Zetterberg. I love how "Z" can play both ends of the rink. He battles for the puck and isn't afriad of the corners. Zetterberg comes to play every night and is generally a player I notice night in and out.

410 Posts
Good choices :thumbsup:. Well there are no crappy Red Wings and they play good as a team. There are a lot of hard working, solid Red Wings that's why they are so good. But my favourite Red Wing of all time would be Stevie Y or Gordie Howe. I also liked Mahovlich as a kid. My favourite Red Wing on the Red Wing's roster this year would be Pavel Datsyuk or Robert Lang. I wish the Canucks had players like these. Datsyuk and Lang play so well together and rack up points. The second or first line (I don't know which one), with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Lang is a dream line. It's one of my favourite lines in the NHL this year. They play so good and Schneider is on defense. Schneider is impossible to get by when he's on the ice :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Despite living far away from Detroit, I love Red Wings! Chris Chelios is my favorite and is always a pleasure to watch him on the ice. Maybe in the nera future I'll travel to Detroit to see Red Wings and Chelios live.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stevie Y and Legace, Stevie never gives up and is a great leader, and Legace has had a great season (even during this slump) for his first year as a #1.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pavel Datsyuk.

The attacking capabilities of this guy are just outstanding, when that first unit is firing on all cylinders, it's always that No. 13 who's pulling the strings.

Close call with Nick Lidstrom though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love to watch Datsyuk play

But my favorite right now has to be Shanahan.
Lidstrom is a close second.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts