Hockey Fan Forums banner

Favorite NHL Team?

7K views 43 replies 34 participants last post by  Briere48 
#1 ·
What is your favorite NHL team?

I am a Boston Bruins fan...Unfortionately they haven't done a whole lot the last couple of seasons.

#3 ·
San Jose Sharks. Lots of speed, great skill players this year although our defense and special teams are weak. Time for the goalkeeping to pick up.

Always a team that makes you go through the entire range of emotions. Fans in the stand are completely into hockey, and there's a great mix of fans. The last Wings game about 30% of the fans had RW jerseys.

OMG - I just heard that Sturm, Primeau, and Stuart were just TRADED FOR JOE THORNTON!!!!!!! WTF?

This can't be right...those 3 are great players Thornton better be worth it.

AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!:eek: :mad: :eek:

#5 ·
I can see Stuart and Primeau, but Sturm really surprised me. He's just getting into his prime and will be a major force. Thornton, although on a good start hasn't done well the last 9 games. Maybe this is the kick both teams need to come around. Heck, maybe they'll meet in the Finals...wouldn't that be great!

#8 ·
Bruins fan.

The Thornton trade was a stunner, but it really did work out for the B's. Bergeron and Boyes all of a sudden came alive and the three players they got back in return all have important roles on the team and are doing quite good in there roles.

The team looks worse on paper then it did at the beginning of the season but the team attitude as changed completely, in a good way. They play a team game now with much effort where as before with Thornton it was a lazy team who would wait on Joe to save the day and honestly he wasn't up to it when it mattered most. Bergeron's the new face of the franchise and he's got the right attitude and leadership Thornton didn't seem to bring.

Bergeron will eventually have the Stanley Cup in Boston, I know it. :D

#10 ·
You know, after the lock out i was a bit...well, not into it all. I’m still a leafs fan, but not like the old days when i was younger (ie: Allan Bester years)...

As a street hockey player, was all ways a fan of Philly, big # 88 :D

I think most my life i was a Philly fan based on liking Pelle Lindbergh too, but the wife likes em…. So we’ve had to cut that out.

Oh well, big E is here now, and though as ive gotten older i still think he’s a bit useless, ill stick with the home team.. with a smidgen of Ottawa in there, they’re a force to be reckoned with.

So yea, Leafs and Ottawa :D

#12 ·
Favorite NHL team

Hello everyone. i was born in toronto in 1961 and was a fan of the toronto maple leafs and detroit red wings. my favorite players back then were Tim Horton, Dave Keon and Gordie Howe.i moved to detroit michigan in late 1969 and i have been living here in detroit since then. i saw my first NHL game at maple leaf gardens in 1967. all i really remmber about the game was that toronto was playing bobby hull and the chicago black hawks. i saw my first game here in detroit in 1975 at the old olympia stadium in detroit. the wings were playing the philadelphia flyers that nite.and the wings beat philly 3-1 in that game. i still today have my program from that game..

#17 ·
Administrator said:
Detroit, Stevie Y, one of the best players out there and i still believe very under rated.
Still believe IS very under rated. Anyways, he is not under rated, he's having a pretty terrible season, no offence.

Anyways, my favourite team nowadays is Detroit. My favourite team in the past has been the New York Islanders in 1981-1982 when they had the best players in the league. They were also the best team that year, and a amazing team.

#19 ·
Rick_Nash said:
i would have to say
3. Columbus Blue Jackets
4. Pheonix Coyotes
6. Pitsburgh Penguins
Are you sure you like these three teams? They are pretty bad teams. You proabably just like them do to all the great players on their teams. For example, Pheonix, look how many good players they have. Or, you just made up random teams because you ran out of options. Pittsburgh is pathetic and I can't see anyone liking them nowadays except people from Pittsburgh who know nothing about hockey. And in Pheonix, well, they rack up the lowest amount of attendance in a season besides New Jersey.

#20 ·
Well , first off i've allways liked the Pens since Mario and Jagr, just because they suck right now dont mean i am gona hop off the band wagon, secondley i've allways like the Jets so i hold a little spot in my heart for the Coyotes.
Thirdley i like the Blue Jackets cause i like Rick Nash, and maby someday just someday they will make it to the playoffs and win the Stanley Cup and i can say that i was a fan from the start.

Did i mention my top favs are Team Canada and the Vancouver Canucks ?

#24 ·
hmm the only thing thats lacking is the defense. it needs some toughness. are you not keeping up? the Wins are what counts. They are having a better season than what all the annalysts were expecting.

I have high expectations. I hope we make second or third round but thats just me. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.