Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
410 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
I dont recall rick macleish playing for the atlanta flames?he was with the flyers.
Oh. Well, I liked Plett. He was a great defensemen. I also liked Guy Chouinard, one of the best offensive players to ever play with Atlanta. I thought MacLeish did play for Atlanta. I certainly know he was on Philadelphia but maybe not Atlanta.

410 Posts
My mistake, my memory is refreshed. Rick MacLeish did not play with the Atlanta Flames. He only played with Philadelphia and Pittsburgh his whole career in the NHL. He certainly was a good player though.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rick Macleish

masterofhockeyknowledge said:
Oh. Well, I liked Plett. He was a great defensemen. I also liked Guy Chouinard, one of the best offensive players to ever play with Atlanta. I thought MacLeish did play for Atlanta. I certainly know he was on Philadelphia but maybe not Atlanta.
As far as of rick macleish i checked some of my media guides and books and he never played for the atlanta flames.If i recall he ended his career here in detroit.

410 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
As far as of rick macleish i checked some of my media guides and books and he never played for the atlanta flames.If i recall he ended his career here in detroit.
He only played about 20 games with Detroit before quitting in 83 or 84. I always get MacLeish mixed up with my favourite Atlanta Flame player. I mixed MacLeish up with Bob MacMillan. MacMillan and Chouinard were a dynamic duo in early 79. If I recall they both tallied over 100 points to become Atlanta Flames first 100 point scorers. Bob MacMillan became more defensive after that 100 point season.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phil Myre

Here is a photo of atlanta flames goalie phil myre.he was a original flame from 1972. he started his career in 1969 with montreal. he also played with the blues,flyers,colorado rockies and buffalo. he was traded from atlanta on 12-12-1977 to the st louis blues.

Attachments

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bob Macmillan

Here is bob macmillan who first started playing hockey for the minnesota fighting saints of the WHA in 1972.he joined the NHL in 1974 and played with the new york rangers for one season.he then played for the stl blues until he was traded to atlanta in 1977.he played with the flames when they moved to calgary in 1980.he also played with the colorado rockies and new jersey devils.

Attachments

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dick Redmond

Here is dick redmond who played with the flames for one season the 1977-78 season. he is also the brother of mickey redmond who played for the canadiens and detroit red wings. besides atlanta dick redmond played with Minnesota,california,chicago,st louis and boston.he played in only 42 games with the flames in the regular season.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Papapig said:
Phil Myre was always my favorite. He gave me alot of great tips at Pat Quinns hockey schools every summer.
Yeah,I always hated that retard Glen Hanlon for beating the hail out of Myre in that big Vancouver/Philly brawl.

Ed Kea ring a bell for anyone?D-man that hit like a freight train.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

jgdeadrabbit said:
Yeah,I always hated that retard Glen Hanlon for beating the hail out of Myre in that big Vancouver/Philly brawl.

Ed Kea ring a bell for anyone?D-man that hit like a freight train.
The game that you are talking about was around 1979. i have seen the fights of this game on video. and i am sure that Ed Kea passed away a few years ago,i miss those great days of the 1960s and 1970s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The game that you are talking about was around 1979. i have seen the fights of this game on video. and i am sure that Ed Kea passed away a few years ago,i miss those great days of the 1960s and 1970s.
I remember Ed Kea very well! Atlanta Flames player late 1970's Had the biggest hands Ive ever seen! hHe did a Header into the boards and had a bad head injury( I believe he was with The St. Louis Blues at that time),he is Most responsible for the use of Helments today. How is that for some History from an Ole Timer?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts