Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Favorite NHL fighters

When i was a teenager some of my favorites were, dave tiger williams, steve durbano, dave schultz, bryan bugsy watson,back in the 1960s when i was very little howie young was very popular here in detroit at the old olympia stadium.and more recent bob probert.

410 Posts
What about the "missing link," Link Gaetz. I also liked Bob Probert. Gino Odjick made crowds wild but wasn't the best at fighting. Link Gaetz only lasted a season so I would go with Probert.

By the way, I once made this topic on hockeyforumS. People mainly chose Probert.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Favorites[not the top 10 all time fighters,just personal faves]

Bob Probert
Dave Brown
Behn Wilson
Bobby Nystrom
Jack McIlhargy
Tiger Williams
Dennis Bonvie
Darren Langdon
Darcy Hordichuck
Wayne Cashman

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would say Pierre Bouchard...but Jonathan almost "KO" the guy.

I don't think fights should be part of hockey. But, it's another long debate. This year, in the NHL, fights are down by 50,8%. Wow!

If you like fights, real ones, you should go to a LNHA (senior hockey)game in the province of Quebec. Real fighters. :cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've been watching Hockey since the 1970s so some of the names I mention here might not register with some of the young ones in here but on my Top 13 list (Not in order):

Terry O'Reilly- Boston Bruins
Al Secord- Chicago Blackhawks
Dave Brown- Philadelphia Flyers
Dave Tiger Williams- Toronto Maple Leafs
Bob Probert- Detroit Red Wings
Clark Gillies- New York Islanders
Bobby Nystrom- New York Islanders
Dave Hammer Schultz- Philadelphia Flyers
John Kordic- Montreal Canadiens/ Toronto Maple Leafs
Kurt Walker- Toronto Maple Leafs
Dave Semenko- Edmonton Oilers
Marty McSorley- Edmonton Oilers
Larry Robinson- Montreal Canadiens

·
Banned
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fighters

Hamilton Tiger said:
I've been watching Hockey since the 1970s so some of the names I mention here might not register with some of the young ones in here but on my Top 13 list (Not in order):

Hey what about Steve Durbano and Bryan Watson and Howie Young.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hamilton Tiger said:

The Tiger was a great entertainer and a fair fighter.Had stones of steel and could play the game as well.Gay Bettman would ban him now as well as borderline sociopaths like Steve Durbano and Randy Holt,guys whom I thoroughly enjoyed.I have a Tiger Williams tape.Always stirrin' the post.

Kurt Walker defeated Stan Jonathon in my view,a good thing.

Feel Robinson,while a truly great d-man,was over-rated as a fighter.I have his Schultz fight on tape and don't call it the 'savage beating' that some maintain.He WAS a deterrent to people pushing the more skill oriented Habs around,tho.I was always hoping to see him tune up Jonathon.

Liked Al Secord but after his first couple years he became a wrestler.

Nystrom had a chin of granite but I have Glen Cochrane,underrated by some, beating him.Cochrane loses points in some peoples eyes due to his bad loss as a Black Hawk to Probert as well as a loss to Yvon Vautour.

Good list tho Hamilton,not takin' shots at it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
jgdeadrabbit said:
The Tiger was a great entertainer and a fair fighter.Had stones of steel and could play the game as well.Gay Bettman would ban him now as well as borderline sociopaths like Steve Durbano and Randy Holt,guys whom I thoroughly enjoyed.I have a Tiger Williams tape.Always stirrin' the post.

Kurt Walker defeated Stan Jonathon in my view,a good thing.

Feel Robinson,while a truly great d-man,was over-rated as a fighter.I have his Schultz fight on tape and don't call it the 'savage beating' that some maintain.He WAS a deterrent to people pushing the more skill oriented Habs around,tho.I was always hoping to see him tune up Jonathon.

Liked Al Secord but after his first couple years he became a wrestler.

Nystrom had a chin of granite but I have Glen Cochrane,underrated by some, beating him.Cochrane loses points in some peoples eyes due to his bad loss as a Black Hawk to Probert as well as a loss to Yvon Vautour.

Good list tho Hamilton,not takin' shots at it.:thumbsup:

I remember seeing Kurt Walker chasing Dave Schultz all over the ice one time....nobody on the Flyers wanted to take him on.

Robinson I think is under-rated as a fighter because he didn't do it often but when he did look out! I love the beating he handed Mike Milbury of the Bruins one time....that one will always stick out in my mind.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hamilton Tiger said:
Robinson I think is under-rated as a fighter because he didn't do it often but when he did look out! I love the beating he handed Mike Milbury of the Bruins one time....that one will always stick out in my mind.
Wow.He beat up a girl.;) Just funnin'. Milbury was a joke tho.The look of fear on his face when confronted by Mel Bridgman was priceless.

I would suggest hockeyfights.com as you are obviously a fan of REAL hockey,not Bettmanized Disney on Ice figure skating Euro-hockey.

·
Registered
98 Posts
jgdeadrabbit said:
Wow.He beat up a girl.;) Just funnin'. Milbury was a joke tho.The look of fear on his face when confronted by Mel Bridgman was priceless.

I would suggest hockeyfights.com as you are obviously a fan of REAL hockey,not Bettmanized Disney on Ice figure skating Euro-hockey.
I'm a fan of the way NHL Hockey was played back in the 1960s and 70s yes...gotta check out that site.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Nathan Perrott is my favourite. Glad he's back in the TO organisation.

Could he ever throw 'em. I heard he used to be a boxer, so that's why his fights always look the way they do.

Darren Langdon stands out as well. His fights are always long.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts