Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who’s your favorite all time Ranger? I saw this show called Fan’s Most Wanted on MSG and it got me thinking about it because they count down some of the best Ranger’s moments of all time. Has anyone else seen the show?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Messier is my favorite. Hands down.

I've been watching that Fans Most Wanted show to satisfy my fix of Rangers hockey during this off season. Good stuff. What's your favorite episode so far? Mine is Greatest Goals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jaromir Jagr.

when i first started watching NHL i remember Jagr just standing out and wowing me.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I'm not a Rangers fan per se, but I always respected Adam Graves.

Daryl​

I could hear you on that one Daryl, Graves still does a lot for the Rangers and there charities.

For me ill go with Richter played his entire career for the Rangers, cup winner and i still remember that bure penalty shot in the 94 finals like yesterday.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Mar 08
4,382 Posts
I've always liked and respect Brian Leetch. For some reason, he always seemed to be a bright spot for the Rangers even though they had other 'superstars'. Furthermore, he was a player many players could look up to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Favorite all-time ranger

My favorite would have to be Messier. He was one of my first favorite players growing up. Great leader and one of the all-time greats in Rangers and NHL history.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Despite my screen name for me it's a toss up between Messier and Rod Gilbert. Rod played his entire career with the Rangers and stayed on as their good will ambassador after his playing days. He's been with the Rangers for over 40 years and if anyone is "Mr. Ranger" it's Rod. I don't know many long time Ranger fans that haven't met Rod at sometime or other. He's a great guy and he knows how popular he is and he knows how much it means to Ranger fans to meet him. He's always been a gentleman whenever I've met him and has a few minutes to talk. Everyone knows what Messier meant to the Rangers. Many of you are probably too young to remember Gilbert.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree that Gilbert is a great figure in Rangers history, and I did have the good fortune of meeting him a few years back at a fundraiser. On the other hand I don't think that anyone would argue that Messier is the superior player. Messier is truly one of the best in the history of the game, and its hard to argue against someone with a quarter century of wins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts