Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I did this last year and it was a big success, this year I am going to try it for members on this forum if there is enough interest.

Basically, I am going to create my own fantasy hockey league (because there is not a definitive, good one out there, very similar to fantasy football in the UK). Basically anyone who wants to join will ultimately submit a list of players they want in their fantasy team (3 players for every position, total of 18 players) in the order they want them (eg. the first selection of a position will be the player you want the most). I will then, evenly distribute players to the participating teams based on who wants who, in a draft-style selection. Once each team has their starting six, we just wait for the season to begin and at the end of each week, the point (goals and assists) your players pick up will be totalled and the league table will take form. No teams will have the same players. If you want to transfer players or trade with another team, you just state on this thread, which I will check four/five times a day (I will clarify the way in which to do so nearer the time) and I will modify your teams accordingly. You must make trades/transfers the day before the player plays in order for the points to count.

So basically to sum up, the first thing we need to do is see who on the forum is interested. Just reply to this thread, stating that you are interested. If you have a team name in mind now let me know and I will add you to the table.

I will soon be making a webpage for this fantasy hockey league on which you will be able to look at your team, along with everyone else's in the league, see who the top points scorers are, and check your progress in the league table.

All will become more apparent once the site is up and the teams are picked. But for now, if you would like to be included in this, please just reply to this thread with your 'Manager Name' and 'Team Name', if you have one in mind already. Also let me know your thoughts on the idea and please ask any questions you may have.

Like I said, last year this was a big success and would like to do it for this forum this year.

Regards, StuHockey

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on emails I have recieved, currently the member interest in participating in the league are...

StuHockey (myself)
Rookie
technik

I will add to this list as I get more confirmations. I have sent out many private messages to members on this forum, so if you are interest then please let me know via a reply or by posting in this thread. I will put a maximum of 15 teams to this league, else it will get a little too complicated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The website is up and running guys! At the moment it is still under construction, but it will really take shape once we started getting confirmed participants. Please sign up and become a member, that way you commit yourself to this fantasy league (please use your hockeyforum.com member name else I may not understand who is who. Here's the site link... www.fantasy-hockey.webs.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where's Bure? has now been added to the list of interested members. Currently we have...

StuHockey (myself)
Rookie
technik
Where's Bure?

Please remember to become a member on the website (link above) and give me your player selections (3 players from each position, 6 defenders) by posting on this thread.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have used Yahoo Fantasy Hockey before and in my opinion it is poor in comparison to this concept. I am simply offering an alternative to the members on the forum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What would people prefer? Would people like to carry on with the league concept I have made, or would a yahoo league get more interest? I have been looking at this year's fantasy hockey on yahoo and I have set up a league with a very similar concept to the one I originally intended to do. If people would prefer to play in a yahoo league please let me know and I will give you all the league details etc.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok from several responses it appears that most people are in favour of doing a fantasy league on yahoo. I have set up a private league for the people on this forum, you can check out all the details if you decide to join the league, here are the league details...

League Name: FHL
League Code: FHL

I look forward to playing with you all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts