Hockey Fan Forums banner

Has MAF lived up to your expectations of him so far this season?

• Yes he has.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No he hasn't.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • I reserve judgement.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. Maybe I'm overhyping him a bit but I thought he was going to be a little steadier sooner.

He does have a pretty weak blueline in front of them and as a team they allow a lot of goals.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well since the Penguins rushed him so much and i thought he was screwed for coming up so early, he's done very well in my eyes he looks better then ever because of the goalie coach now.But within 5 years when he gets a ring on his finger and lifts Lords Stanley over his head then you damn right he's one of the best now but will be better in the future

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, he was really rushed. And he has made big steps in improving each year he's been in the NHL.

He still has more to learn though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
True, he does need more learning and he will get that by the more games he plays and different situations.They need an expiernced back up to come in and help or even another good goalie coach

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Jocelyn Thibault was supossed to be the expierenced older goalie but he's pretty useless.

And other than Brodeur, MAF as good as any other goalie in the division.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fleury for being on a young team is producing numbers he's a good goalie soon will be a great in my mind future goalie for Team Canada Olympic squad

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brad said:
Fleury for being on a young team is producing numbers he's a good goalie soon will be a great in my mind future goalie for Team Canada Olympic squad
Hmmm. Team Canada goalie. That's an interesting idea.

After Marty, I guess Roberto Luongo is probably next in line. After that I think MAF would be in a group with Cam Ward and maybe Pascal Leclaire.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brad said:
Remember, thats if those goalies stay healthy and thats if theydont go down hill big time like Dipietro
DiPietro is from Massachusetts and he's having a pretty good season. 2.81 GAA and .913 SV%, 2 SO and 14 wins. That's not too shabby.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Fleury might be slumping some now but he won some games early on that the Pens had no business being in. He still is only 22(I think) and most goailes take a lot longer to develop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts