Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that Evander Kanee should be given more credit then he already gets. Everyone instantly thinks the Tavares is the best hands down. But I think the Kane has more to offer. Kane is a year younger then Tavares and puts up almost the same numbers. I think he is a better stick handeler than Tavavres is. So i think Kane should go number 1.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i am a huge kane fan and have seen him play for years and he will be a top 5 or 7 pick in the draft but tavares is just flat out better than pretty much any player in the draft. I am not saying kane is bad because he is great, tavares is just better

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Considering that more than half of Tavares' year was spent on a lackluster Generals team didn't have much for him to play with, and he still scored 54 points in 32 games, his point totals are quite something.

Compare the two players playoffs. Kane had 15 points in 17 games and Tavares had 21 points in 14 games. Tavares plays a lot better when he's under pressure, see the playoffs this year or the World Juniors this year, where he happened to be named one of the top three players on Team Canada by the coaching staff, as well as a tournament All-Star, Top Forward and MVP.

Kane is probably the third best forward available in the draft, behind Tavares and Duschene. He could also slip to fourth best, since there could be a case made for Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson of Sweden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts