Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=237561&lid=headline&lpos=secStory_nhl

This guy was likely to be one of the most sought after free agents as far as scoring wingers go. I wonder why he chose to stay in Nashville. He did get good money considering his production, but a guy like this has talent to produce many more points with a better center.

I wonder about these players like Kovalchuk, Jokinen, and Erat who choose to leave their talents in small hockey markets. Sure there are some guys who don't like the pressure of playing in a hockey crazed climate, but somehow I feel a guy like Erat or Kovalchuk should be given the chance to play in a market where hockey is more than minimally appreciated.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Mar 08
4,382 Posts
Its a bit steap I reckon, hes worth maybe 3 million.

Its not just his scoring, he's a very good defensive player as well. He has a bit more scoring ability than Jere Lehtinen, but is a slight step behind in the defensive departement (its a complement).

·
Registered
237 Posts
Its a bit steap I reckon, hes worth maybe 3 million.

Its not just his scoring, he's a very good defensive player as well. He has a bit more scoring ability than Jere Lehtinen, but is a slight step behind in the defensive departement (its a complement).
I am glad that Erat is staying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts