Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BOSTON (AP) -Dany Heatley scored his team-leading 29th and 30th goals, and Ray Emery stopped 18 shots for his fourth shutout to lead the Ottawa Senators to 3-0 victory over the Boston Bruins on Saturday night.

Chris Phillips also scored for Ottawa, winners of five straight road games and six of seven overall. The Senators have won the last two meetings against Boston after losing the first three this season.

It was just the second time Boston has been shutout this season; the other came in a 5-0 loss at Nashville on Dec. 30.

Hannu Toivonen, looking for victories in consecutive starts for the first time this season, stopped 36 shots for Boston.

The Bruins matched their lowest shot total this season.

Heatley's second goal was a shorthanded, empty-netter in the closing seconds.

Full Story

·
Registered
48 Posts
thankfully i skipped out on the leafs game and watched this one instead. ok, well i was flippin between both, but i really enjoyed it, it was nice to see heatley get two more goals! something for him to celebrate on the eve of his 26th birthday:)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
He's been a lot of places for 26. I guess I should take back all the stuff I said about Emery before the season but then I'd have to say it all again in the playoffs.

He has been huge for them though.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Yes, it was very good to see Heatley score a couple more goals!!!

This was a very good game for Ottawa, they were on top of the play all over the ice.

It had good physical play and a couple of flair ups as well, not bad at all, for the last game before the All Star game break!!:thumbsup:

It should be a good game next Saturday, the 27th of January, when the Bruins visit Ottawa!!! The game is going to be on CBC at 3:00 PM EST, Nationally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts