Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Associated Press
11/15/2006 10:04:15 PM

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Ottawa Senators' Ray Emery made 27 saves and Peter Schaefer broke a third-period tie, helping the struggling Ottawa Senators beat the Buffalo Sabres 4-2 on Wednesday night.

It was Emery's first start since a loss to Montreal on Oct. 31. He had been hampered by a sprained left wrist sustained eight days earlier in practice.

Chris Neil, Jason Spezza and Chris Phillips also scored for the Senators, who snapped a two-game losing streak and won for only the second time in nine games.

Daniel Briere and Thomas Vanek scored for the Sabres, who had their four-game winning streak snapped. Buffalo (15-2-1) lost for only the second time in regulation.

Schaefer deflected Daniel Alfredsson's wrist shot from the right point past goalie Martin Biron with 7:11 left in the third to give the Senators a 3-2 lead. The goal was upheld after a replay review showed he didn't strike the puck with a high stick.

Phillips sealed the win with a short-handed, empty-netter that was shot from behind his goal line.

Briere gave Buffalo a 1-0 lead 5 1/2 minutes in after he corralled Ottawa defenceman Andrej Meszaros' errant clearing pass at the Senators blue line. Briere took two strides and let go a slap shot from the top of the right circle that beat Emery.

FULL STORY

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was soo relieved yesterday after they won. Emery played great especialy at the end.:D Hope they can do the sam in NJ.:D

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Jersey and then Buffalo again on Saturday!!

If they can pull of those two games, then I'd say they were back on track, because it takes more than one win to say that!!

It also depends on who's in net?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Emery has proved himself a number of times that he can handle more then 2 games in a row in my opinion. I hope he gets the start again. But on the other hand why would you want to spend $3mil on a goalie for him to just sit on a bench? I think Gerber will get the start though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts