Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ... i said it weeks ago, the Leafs need to re-build, and last nights effort only proved that.

With a huge payroll, and lackluster talent the Leafs need to start the fire-sale and get some draft picks or young players.

Belfour, Mccabe and Sundin should all be traded in my opinion. My list also includes Antropov and Klee.... unfortunately, i have a feeling we won't get much of anything for these guys. They are all pretty useless to any team other than the Leafs.

Regardless, last nights game was an embarrassment to all Leafs fans.

·
Banned
961 Posts
Leafs

rdlviper said:
Well ... i said it weeks ago, the Leafs need to re-build, and last nights effort only proved that.

With a huge payroll, and lackluster talent the Leafs need to start the fire-sale and get some draft picks or young players.

Belfour, Mccabe and Sundin should all be traded in my opinion. My list also includes Antropov and Klee.... unfortunately, i have a feeling we won't get much of anything for these guys. They are all pretty useless to any team other than the Leafs.

Regardless, last nights game was an embarrassment to all Leafs fans.
I agree with you about the leafs. i dont expect them to do anything this year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
OLYMPIA STADIUM said:
I agree with you about the leafs. i dont expect them to do anything this year.
I totally agree. Several things make me scratch my head but the biggest one is paying Kaberle 4 mill plus. So if he is worht 5yr, 20 million can you imagine what McCabe is going to want. Who does the contracts with this team!!! So lookking at next season we have Sundin, Belfour, Kaberle, and posibly McCabe making something around 20 million, which is probobly just less than half the salaray cap.

This team is going way down before things start to head up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts