Hockey Fan Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here ya go fellow devil fans 1 place to go too read all eklunds bs about the devils dealings

To VAN: To NJ:
Elias (NTC) Ohlund
Gionta

To MTL To NJ:
Paul Martin ??

Madden to MTL

Feel free to add to this !

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
So let's see, the Devils are going to trade their captain, who is a bargain right now at $6 million a year and has a no-trade clause (something not lightly given out by Lou) or a $4 million player who scored 48 goals the season prior to this last one and has expressed a desire to remain a Devil for a defenseman who's production has slipped since the lockout?

Or they're going to trade a 26 year old defenseman who has yet to fully develop and is potentially a bargain at $3.8 million over the next 3 years to Montreal for what?

Or they're going to trade a guy who is part of arguably the best shutdown combination?

Funny how all these trades basically boil down to the Devils bending over and taking it in the ass.:rolleyes:

But then it is Eklund...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh this keeps getting better lol

Martin to Boston for Murray and a Prospect.

Oh eklund how you make me laugh everyday. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Well, let's see...Elias, Gionta, Martin, and Madden have all been on the trading block this offseason...I wonder who's next? Langenbrunner to the Habs maybe? There is the Gainey/Dallas Stars connection there after all. In fact I'm surprised Eklund hasn't tried to use that angle yet...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why doesn't he just post up the whole roster and suggest they will be traded? He's bound to get one right...

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
NJD said:
Why doesn't he just post up the whole roster and suggest they will be traded? He's bound to get one right...
I'll give him this much, his site is always good for a laugh. In one of the numerous Devils trade rumor threads over there somebody mentioned that the only real option for the Devils is to trade Brodeur and start over.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To be honest the only top 6 forward we have that i could see being delt is Jamie. As far as D goes, White but we would have to get D back also.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Look out, Eklund is reporting that three sources are telling him the Devils and Canucks are dealing. I wonder if it'll be as earth shattering as that huge Bruins trade he was talking about for days...

On a more serious note, I would be interested in Ohlund, but I don't know what Vancouver would be looking for. Both teams have their offensive issues, so either moving offense for defense doesn't make much sense. Defense for defense might work, although it would probably mean either Martin or White going the other way. I'd be willing to part with the Cracker, but not Martin.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MadDevil said:
Look out, Eklund is reporting that three sources are telling him the Devils and Canucks are dealing. I wonder if it'll be as earth shattering as that huge Bruins trade he was talking about for days...

On a more serious note, I would be interested in Ohlund, but I don't know what Vancouver would be looking for. Both teams have their offensive issues, so either moving offense for defense doesn't make much sense. Defense for defense might work, although it would probably mean either Martin or White going the other way. I'd be willing to part with the Cracker, but not Martin.
Ohlund for White i think would favor us. Colin's progress has come to to a screeching hault sense Stevens left. His groin has also become as durable as single-ply toilet papper used by a 500 pound bear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts