• Lightning in 7

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I'll go Caps in 6. Rolo gave us a little bit of trouble during the regular season and I think he might steal a game or two from us but I feel the Caps are the stronger team at the moment and I feel like they'll pull this one out.

·
Premium Member
5,708 Posts
I'll go with the Caps in 5. I don't think that the Bolts can sit back like they did against the Pens in the 1-3-1 trap and succeed. The Caps have too much talent and their power play could be deadly.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Tampa is toast

Tampa Bay pulled a real upset beating Pittsburgh. Now they
run into the toughest defence in the league. Tampa will
not survive against Washington,and the Caps will win in
a sweep.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nobody picking the Lightning? That's fine by me. If my Flyers make it the next round I'd rather play the Caps even though it means giving up home ice.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Tampa Bay pulled a real upset beating Pittsburgh. Now they
run into the toughest defence in the league. Tampa will
not survive against Washington,and the Caps will win in
a sweep.
I think it wouldve been considered an upset had Crosby and Malkin were in the lineup otherwise I don't believe the lightning were the underdogs in that previous matchup.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Capitals in 5. Tampa Bay looks similar to the Rangers, with a less impressive goalie.
TB has better weapons than the Rangers, and Roli is just the type of goalie who can get into a teams head.

Tough call. I hate to go against Washington, but I officially dub TB "Cinderella" and say they see the Conf. Finals.

TB in 6.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Caps in 5
Caps have too much constant fire power and strong goaltending. And Stamkos is having a sad case of playoffitis.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Caps in 6. Tampa has great offense that can POSSIBLY get them by this series, but I think Caps have strong young goal tending and defense. Oh yeah....didn't I mention Ovechkin :laugh: what I mean by that is he and his other line-mates are much better offensively and more physical and will out work the Tampa defenders on the fore-check and on the rush. So to me it's Cap's.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
We got progressively worse, and lazier as the game went on. Not a very impressive performance to say the least. That trap is really killing us after one game and we've gotta work on beating that in practice but most of all we need to outwork them because we were badly outworked in that 3rd period.

The only positive I can pull out of this one is we played bad and we were in it the whole way. Hopefully we can capitalize in game 2 and tie this series up.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Uh oh. This defiantly is not where we want to be right now. I understand Roloson is looking fantastic right now and it's going to be extremely difficult to get by him but we need to keep sending guys to the net like we did against Lundqvist. Even though I think the Caps were the better team in game 2 they have nothing to show for it, they need to send more guys to the net and get in Rolo's vision. If we don't do that we are looking at a quick exit from the 2nd round.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
As much as I'd like to root for Arnott, I'm rooting for Tampa Bay in this series. If for no other reason than I'd love to hear the eventual bitching about how they play a defensive system.:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
This series is taking a weird tilt I'd say, but you gotta give Tampa credit for beating the Cap's at their building now they get to come home and have home ice advantage. Tampa's big three are playing great and their power plays has been excellent. Looking forwards to tonight's game!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts