• Bruins in 7

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With the Bruins winning in overtime they will face the Flyers. Boston won the season series 3-1.

My prediction for this series is Flyers in 6. I think the Flyers keep rolling from their game 7 win and the offense shines.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Dec 07
1,037 Posts
Flyers in five. The Flyers finally woke up against the Sabres, while the Bruins had a heck of a time defeating a team with a decimated defense core and one decent scorer. They'll find a healthy and good defense, more offensive weapons, and folks that would be more then willing to educate them on the finer points of psychical play.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I went for the Flyers in 6, but they could prob even do it in 5.
I think we'll get over Boston a lot easier than Buffalo.
It will be a nice Physical match up.
Hopefully our goal tending becomes a brick wall and keep the pucks out.
Can't wait to watch a few games.

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I think this will be one hell of a series but I think Boston pulls it out in 7. I think both of these teams are much better than they played last series and I think both will be much better this time around but the who goalie situation in Philadelphia scares me a bit and To be quite honest no matter what happens in the Boston net they are going to have a rock solid goalie in there. That is my deciding factor and why I think they will take this series.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Flyers goalie situation isn't nearly as big of a deal as everyone is making it, at least not yet. Bouch had one bad period and Bobrovsky after giving up 1 goal in the first game had a rough period. The thing that messed everything up was having Leighton come into the mix when it really wasn't needed. That experiment is over. Are either of these goalies capable of being your every game starters? No, they weren't in the season either and the Flyers used them both very well. The Flyers goalies played fine all year and even when they started losing a lot it was because of the team in front of them.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Buffalo scored 7 power play goals in the series and lost. The Flyers scored 5 and won...with 2 of those coming in Game 7. Boston scored 0. Yes, not a single power play goal in their 7 game series. 0-21. Flyers are the best 5-on-5 team in the league, they are the deepest team in the league on both sides of the puck. The only reason people question them is because they were on a DUI cruise control for the last few months of the season because they wrapped up a playoff spot by Christmas. Look how they played in Game 7. That's how they played when they went to the top of the Eastern Conference. They were choke slamming b*tches.

Philly's power play, after going 2-26 in the first 5 games, went 3-9 in the last 2. They scored 16 five-on-five goals in their series - best in the East. Add the PP goals, one empty netter, and that's 22 goals in 7 games. Two of those games were shutouts. So really, that's 22 goals in 5 games.

Boston didn't face anything remotely comparable in Montreal's offense. Tim Thomas is a good goaltender, but he hasn't faced the Flyers in the playoffs.

As Pronger plays more, the Flyers are just going to get stronger.

The Bruins are a deeper team than the Sabres, who totally depended on Miller, but the lack of a power play, and the fact the Bruins took 7 games, 3 of which went to OT to beat a very marginal, average Canadiens team does not bode well for the Bruins who are going to face a very strong Flyers team.

·
Registered
179 Posts
At least the Bruins are finally facing a team that does not "dive" and rely on the referees to decide a game for them. This should be a great match up. Flyers are a very strong team offensively and defensively. Boucher is a decent goaltender. Thomas, if keeps it up, will win the series for the Bruins. I take Bruins in 7.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Flyers in seven

The Flyers move into this series with a positive attitude
after finally extinguishing the red-hot Sabres. Boston
had to work to win over Montreal. It will be a close
series and I predict it will go seven games before the
Flyers win.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like the Flyers in 6. Hoping the Briere express keeps rolling, Richie gets a goal this series, and Pronger plays more each game.

It would be really funny if Philly goes up 3 games to none this time and see how many it takes to finish it off.

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
At least the Bruins are finally facing a team that does not "dive" and rely on the referees to decide a game for them. This should be a great match up. Flyers are a very strong team offensively and defensively. Boucher is a decent goaltender. Thomas, if keeps it up, will win the series for the Bruins. I take Bruins in 7.
For all the talk about goaltending, Boosh Bag has better numbers than Tim Thomas. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Buffalo scored 7 power play goals in the series and lost. The Flyers scored 5 and won...with 2 of those coming in Game 7. Boston scored 0. Yes, not a single power play goal in their 7 game series. 0-21. Flyers are the best 5-on-5 team in the league, they are the deepest team in the league on both sides of the puck. The only reason people question them is because they were on a DUI cruise control for the last few months of the season because they wrapped up a playoff spot by Christmas. Look how they played in Game 7. That's how they played when they went to the top of the Eastern Conference. They were choke slamming b*tches.

Philly's power play, after going 2-26 in the first 5 games, went 3-9 in the last 2. They scored 16 five-on-five goals in their series - best in the East. Add the PP goals, one empty netter, and that's 22 goals in 7 games. Two of those games were shutouts. So really, that's 22 goals in 5 games.

Boston didn't face anything remotely comparable in Montreal's offense. Tim Thomas is a good goaltender, but he hasn't faced the Flyers in the playoffs.

As Pronger plays more, the Flyers are just going to get stronger.

The Bruins are a deeper team than the Sabres, who totally depended on Miller, but the lack of a power play, and the fact the Bruins took 7 games, 3 of which went to OT to beat a very marginal, average Canadiens team does not bode well for the Bruins who are going to face a very strong Flyers team.
The Flyers were my pick in October and they are still my pick now.

This is going to be a tough series. Now that Lucic will actually be able to hit someone without crushing them, this series is going to get nasty. Pronger, Hartnell and Carcillo, on one side, Chara, Lucic, and Thornton on the other. After what happened last year, everyone should be pumped.

Philly in 7.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm hoping Carter can return early in this series, maybe game 3 or 4. It hasn't really been talked about that much at all, but having a top 10 in the NHL goal scorer back in the lineup will certainly help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Both teams should have had an easier 1st round, but managed to make it thru.
Philly's style remained true to form, but Boston's punishing style was absent against the Habs.
Philly in 6 - because Julian has totally messed up the Bruin's psyche.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
If Flyers keep playing the way they played against Buffalo, It's Philly in 7 to me. Flyers are a team to not mess around with and will **** ya over like they did to Buffalo. But I think Boston will have their games when the Flyers may play like **** but right now it seems like Flyers are the better team overall.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Maybe I am grabbing my beer at the wrong time, but I was surprised Boston outshot Philly in the 1st period. Oh well my boy Briere is keeping things close. How sick is it that Briere is essentially the 4th best Center on the team?

Pronger should save his slashes for Horton and Krejci.

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Man that goal looked bad. Philly needs atleast decent goaltending. This crap ain't gonna cut it.

Not all his fault though. The Orange Crush is looking like Orange Mush.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts