Hockey Fan Forums banner

Who will win?

• Total voters
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
This series was almost like a rope-a-dope for the Flyers. All the goaltending "issues," the two shutouts against, going to seven games, etc...it's all almost like the Flyers were toying with the Sabres and the rest of the league for that matter by putting this performance together showing that they will not be trifled with.

I have tickets to game one of the next series and I can't wait.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Awesome to get through to the next round.
Couldn't watch due to blackout restrictions. Damn it.
Glad we put them away.
Hopefully the next round is a lot better for us penalty and goal tending wise.

Flyers V Boston do you think?

Another hard hitting one i think.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Buffalo was not at all ready for a Game 7 and they just got destroyed. I felt like I was watching the MacLean coached Devils for most of the game.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
This game was too good to to be true. Obviously, the game itself was awesome, I sat right behind John LeClair, and caught a puck. The Sabres just couldn't match the Flyers intensity and depth. Zherdev had a very solid game and was throwing his weight around a lot and Pronger was given more ice time and looked good. Can't wait for the next round! :beer

·
Registered
19 Posts
A lot to build on here. Not giving up three goals in the first period. Pronger getting a lot of ice time. I'm hoping we don't get Tampa in the next round, the Flyers didn't play them very tough this year.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Nah that sounds awful. Flyers vs Montreal sounds better. :D

And of all the games they chose, Gave Seven was the best to finally solve Miller. Wow. With Montreal and Vancouver winning, totally made my night (and my proline!)
I wish, but that can't happen unfortunately.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If Boston wins they play Flyers. If Boston loses Flyers play Pens/Bolts winner.

Regular season Flyers were 5-1 vs Pens, 1-3 vs Boston, and 1-3 vs Tampa.

So I guess it's go Habs and go Pens!

·
Registered
309 Posts
That would be good if we met up with the Pens. Definately don't wanna meet up with Tampa bay. we played bad against them all season. I think the Crosbyless Pens look the goods.
I think we would do OK against Boston as well despite our regular season play against them. Would be a physical series though.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Well, I gotta be proud of this years performance by the Sabres. They made a heck of a run starting at the new year. Without Boyes supporting our playoff run and our solid second half we wouldn't of never had made the playoffs. So all in all, we didn't do to bad. We'll be back next year. LET'S GO BUFFALO!

·
HF-MOTM Winner - Apr 08
6,349 Posts
Well, I gotta be proud of this years performance by the Sabres. They made a heck of a run starting at the new year. Without Boyes supporting our playoff run and our solid second half we wouldn't of never had made the playoffs. So all in all, we didn't do to bad. We'll be back next year. LET'S GO BUFFALO!
Amazing how you change your tune when your team gets b*tch slapped to end their season.

:beer

201 - 217 of 217 Posts